Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Help Please

BB27 Guest

I am flying the Opensky 737-800 with a panel (ultimate boeing panel)found on Avsim.

The auto brakes do not work. Can someone tell me where the commands that make them work are found and what I need to do to fix them?

It is quite a pain to have to manually apply brakes upon landing. I pulled a southwest at Midway the other night in rain and fog when I went off the end of the runway. The pax were not happy. I believe the term was "Would never fly this airline again."

Help please.......

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

I could be wrong but I don't think the autobrakes should be used as the sole means of braking. Use reverse thrust down to about 50-60kts and then manual braking after that 😉

BB27 Guest

Yes, autobrakes are not the only braking, but they don't work at all. Manual braking to stop the aircraft from start to beginning is extremely stressful on the aircraft.

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

I didn't say use maual braking as soo as you land 😉 Use reverse thrust until you get to about 50kts and then use manual braking 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

I'm not sure why your autobrakes aren't working. Have a look in your aircraft .cfg file and see if there is a section under "Autobrake" and paste what you find here.

Brakes (whether it be manual or automatic) should be used in conjunction with reverse thrust and spoilers. Reverse thrust isn't effective enough to slow an aircraft down to 60kts in a reasonable time.

😉

BB27 Guest

I'll look in the aircraft cfg file and post what I find later today when I get home from work.

Thanks for the help.

BB27 Guest

I looked in the aircraft cfg file, and nothing about autobrakes.

I also looked in the default 734 file, and nothing there either. I then did a quick flight on the default, and the autobrakes work fine, which means it can't be the panel, so it has to be the opensky plane.

I hate flying the default 734 because it looks fake compared to the 738 from opensky.

Any other suggestions?

Pro Member First Officer
vlad (tiger7881) First Officer

just to correct (pilotwannabe) reverse thrust till 60 kts and about autobrakes i think u just dont feel it or c it. but it is working. if not ask the one who made the planes panel.

BB27 Guest

Believe me, it's not working. If I don't manually apply the brakes, I run off the end of the runway even with reversers.

It's happened, twice.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain
Captain Dale Guest

I am trying to fly various boeings from A - B and managing to do so picking up new skills such as GPS along the way. But I really want to now how to get clearance from the tower to take off and clearance to land etc?!
I have looked everywhere! when I want to tune into say San Fransisco Airport for example I do that fine but then noone speaks to my aircraft and I don't no why?! Any help? Thanks. Jack.

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

don't hijack topics Wink

but press the ' key and an 'atc window' will pop up. use the number keys (not the num pad, the ones up there ^) to do various commands.

Captain Dale Guest

huge help! the topic is called 'help' i didn't. does anyone no how to help me though?

Captain Dale Guest

hinch. could you just explain a little more what you mean please? click what key?