SearchSearch 

Help Please......

Pro Member First Officer
Wing-man First Officer

Here's the problem guy's. I've done a new install of FS9, all traces of the previous install were removed o.k.
FS9 has installed ok with no problems and runs fine, I've installed Flight Simulator 2004 Update v9.1 and that installed ok aswell. When I try to run the FS2004 FS9.1 No-CD Crack it will not install, I get this message.........

I have no add-ons installed or anything yet so that can't be causing the error.
I've removed FS9 and installed it yet again, but still get the above.
I've also tried this from Microsofts website.........

MSVCR70.dll is'nt even in MSGAME3CAB of disc 2 🙄
Anyway, I've downloaded the MSVCR70.dll from elsewhere, installed it, but still get the dll not found message.
This is really doing my head in now, if I can't find a solution, then I'll just have to keep loading disk 4 when running FS9.

ANY IDEA'S GUY'S Dont Know

14 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Did you clean-up the registries of your system before you run your fresh installation dear wing-man.Sound like a conflict here...

Pro Member First Officer
Wing-man First Officer

I did GM72, this is what is confusing me.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain
Pro Member First Officer
Wing-man First Officer

Cheers GM72 🍻 I'll have a read through it. 👍

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Let us know... 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

have you tried manually registering the dll you have downloaded?

open a command prompt (STart > Run > Cmd)

type

regsvr32 nameofthe.dll

See if it registers

Helpfile for regsvr...
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/regsvr32.mspx?mfr=true

Pro Member First Officer
Ed Reagle (edr1073) First Officer

I wish I could remember the exact date and time. I remember a post about a year ago about something similar to the problem that you are having. After editing the registry, removing all traces of the previous install. Then start your install from "SAFE MODE". Also, I have found that if I disconnect from the internet the install runs without trying to look for updates. Microsft tried to update everything. I also found that if you have the space available to create a partition and make it only FS9 put all of the updates including the "9.1 NO CRACK CD" in it along with any other updates after you get it running. Please letus know.

Idea

Pro Member First Officer
Wing-man First Officer

Thanks for all your help and suggestions guy's 👍 I'm working on it.

Pro Member First Officer
Wing-man First Officer

Thanks for your help guy's 😉 . As of yesterday, and after problem after problem since I ran SP2, I decided that enough is enough Wall Bashing
I've installed Windows Vista Ultimate (Beta 2), and I must say that, after exploring around the install (desktop etc) I'm very very impressed, so for now, I'll be using Vista instead of XP (very nice). 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

I never had any issues after SP2

The only reason I will go anywhere near the bloatware that is Vista is because of the new direct x things it brings with it....

Other than that all Vista seems to offer is "glass look" windows, monster minimum specs and yet more RAM wastage....

This does seem an extreme fix for a problem with a game though, re-installing windows sounds like it was completely unnecessary.

Pro Member First Officer
Wing-man First Officer

Insight wrote:

I never had any issues after SP2

The only reason I will go anywhere near the bloatware that is Vista is because of the new direct x things it brings with it....

Other than that all Vista seems to offer is "glass look" windows, monster minimum specs and yet more RAM wastage....

This does seem an extreme fix for a problem with a game though, re-installing windows sounds like it was completely unnecessary.

If folks are not going to download/buy Vista because they believe all it offers is a glass look, then they will lose out on all of Vista features.

It is free, give it a try, (providing your machine specs match up).

It was'nt an extreme fix, I have already got Vista OS on DVD and already installed on another drive. As said in another post/forum, SP2 works for some but not others, obviously Microsoft can't cater for millions of machines with different builds and specs without causing conflicts here and there.

Everyone to their own (so to speak).
🙄

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

So,

Other than the new direct X stuff, tell me what Vista has to offer and convince me otherwise 🙂

If any of the features are useful to me you might be able to convert me 🙂

The fact that Windows causes conflicts is appalling, most machines now (and components) are designed to work with the OS, not the OS with all the different components - otherwise it would never work.

SP2 should really be sorted now though, I have never known anyone who has had issues other than firewall related ones with SP2 - out of interest, what issues did you have with it?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

try defragging your computer

that always helps me 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

I am waiting for this features list 🙂