Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Frame Rates?

Pro Member First Officer
Spoty101 First Officer

My graphics in my game are turned all the way up to maximum on everything and I have a ATI Radeon X800XL 256MB graphics card, but the frame rates are very low they are like 4-8 FPS normally they are supposed to be in like 50-100 FPS.

Anyone have some advice in how to fix this problem? Umm... Umm...

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

It depends on the RAM you have as well as your CPU. Try lowering your sliders a bit and see if it makes a difference. Is it just around major airports or in general that you see an FPS drop?

Wink

Pro Member First Officer
Spoty101 First Officer

I have 2GB of ram and its only on the major airports and when I get in the air its like 50 and in FL360 its in 90-100, which is good for my PC

Pro Member Captain
Doyley Captain

It is pointless having more than 24fps, something to do with the brain not being able to keep up with it or something like that. So I suggest that you fix it at 24fps and lower some of the sliders down. There is a great topic on here somewhere about improving your framerate but i cant find it. Perhaps somebody else knows that im talking about?

Pro Member Captain
brownbox Captain

i thought it was 20fps that our eyes see movement
Confused

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

24FPS is the point at which your brain can't distinguish frames any longer so yes, it is quite pointless to have it set higher.

Its normal for FSP to drop over major airports, especially if you have addon scenery and traffic installed. The only way to get rid of it is to lower your settings slightly.

Wink