Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Have you guys heard about...

D190 Guest

Have you heard about the new Flight simulator X. i.'ve seen it and the graphics are bloody brilliant!! Im just wondering when its due to come out.

I would love to have that game.

It looks good!

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

I wouldn't call it a game(can't win or lose, no points and no progression or levels, no score or ranks). Yes, it does look good and I plan to buy it. It's due out around Christmas 2006. Be advised that you'll need a good computer as it will be more demanding than Flight Simulator 2004.Smile

www.fsinsider.com/articles/FSX_Press_Release.htm

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

..aaaaactually you can win or lose in one of those challenge mode sorta things - like rescuing people from an oil rig etc.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Wow... so I guess if you fail to rescue the people you get a " You Lose" banner across the screen and maybe a life indicator showing how many times you get to try again before you have to start all over. Maybe if you do rescue them, you'll be promoted based on how many people you rescue before the timer runs out. Maybe different difficulty levels like injured or drunk victims. Rolling Eyes

D190 Guest

CRJCapt wrote:

I wouldn't call it a game(can't win or lose, no points and no progression or levels, no score or ranks). Yes, it does look good and I plan to buy it. It's due out around Christmas 2006. Be advised that you'll need a good computer as it will be more demanding than Flight Simulator 2004.Smile

www.fsinsider.com/articles/FSX_Press_Release.htm

I have no worrys there. My computer has a 2000 graphics card!

My computer can handle it Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

I've never heard of the " 2000 video card". Could you tell us more and maybe provide a link? How much does it cost? I'm not sure my computer can handle FSX so I'm interested in getting my computer set up like yours. Smile

D190 Guest

CRJCapt wrote:

I've never heard of the " 2000 video card". Could you tell us more and maybe provide a link? How much does it cost? I'm not sure my computer can handle FSX so I'm interested in getting my computer set up like yours. Smile

Well its a laptop. Its has a graphics card of over 2000. This laptop can run almost anything!

It cost me 1500.

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

Ummm,cool,but a graphics card of over 2000 what?

D190 Guest

hms_endeavour wrote:

Its 2200. The proseser is HUGE!! and the cd-rom is extremly fast!

The best pc iv'e ever had......YET!

It has not let me down yet. It can run almost anything!

Pilau Guest

Rolling Eyes

You're funny. I like you. Stick around. I'm not being sarcastic.

D190 Guest

Thanks.

I have been considered clumsy at times.
But as always i forget it.

I remmbered what the elephant forgot but then i forgot what the elephant remmbered.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

D190 wrote:

hms_endeavour wrote:

Do you think you can stop being hyperactive long enough to actually answer the question you were asked? What does 2200 refer to? Is it a model number, some benchmark figure, or what?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

I don't think he knows... Wink

d190 Guest

CrashGordon wrote:

D190 wrote:

hms_endeavour wrote:

Do you think you can stop being hyperactive long enough to actually answer the question you were asked? What does 2200 refer to? Is it a model number, some benchmark figure, or what?

It refures to graphics. Sorry i took so long to answer. i was busy. I was working on my resarch.

if your religous then i wouldnt consider asking what the resarch is about.

Trust me!

But any way is was refuring 2200 as the graphics card.

You sure its a graphics card

or do you mean your CPU is 2.2ghz, which has nothing to do with your graphics card, iv never heard of a graphics card called 2200

the earliest grahpics card i know is the nvidia 5200 and the ATI 9200 so if you have a 2200, upgrade Laughing Laughing

I have problems with the Demo on a NVidia FX5200 i can run the game on low-medium but i only have 384 ram, so if you have a gig, you would be fine.

Id suggest a ATI 9600 256mb graphics card to run the full game, you can pick one up for around 50 now maybe even cheaper online at ebay or somthing, i used to have this card on my old pc, it ran all the latest games (including bf2) so i would strongly recomend it.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

What make and model is your computer? Processor? Amount of RAM
What is the full designation of your video card(make, model, type of adapter, AGP, PCI. Amount of memory.)?

I think I can speak for most of us when I say, we don't mean to be rude, we are just a technical lot. When someone make a claim about a certain piece of equipment, we like to be able to see and verify for ourselves. We may want to purchase that item. Links to your computer and or video card would also be helpful, we want to share your joy. We just need more details. Tell us what you know, we can research the rest. Smile

d190 Guest

well i i realy know is that it has pentium4 processer with ati graphics(2200 graphics card). Windows xp. Hp pavilion. Thats all i realy know. Im not an expert in computers. im only good at flying.

Im good with machines but terrible with computers.

I havnt been here for a while since i was busy working on my resarch. Im taking a break from my constant thinking. So im open for questions for the next few hours.

Later though iv'e got to carry on. I promised to give results. Thories or facts either way.

My resarch is classified for the next week. It will be displayed at a freethinkers forum. I cannot hint nor tell you here as theres certain rules in this forum that must not be broken.

Peace and prosperity my friend!

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

God bless you friend, I'll try and research your video card. Smile

d190 Guest

no need for bless as im an atheist. But i thank you for your kindness.

Peace and prosperity for all man kind. So long friend and may peace and order be presurved in this great forum.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain