Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Pan, Pan, Pan Leaking Fuel over Iceland

Pro Member Captain
Canyon (NoWorries) Captain

Took off from Reykjavik about twenty minutes ago, crossing FL31 I heard a terrible noise from the back of the plane...didn't know what it was...it stopped soon enough. A few minutes later, a guage sweep showed the right wing tank venting fuel at a huge rate. Quickly stopped all fuel transfer, and am 100 miles out of Keflavik. I decided not to go back to Reykjavik because the US Navy guys on Keflavik should know more about this Canadian/Vermont airplane...

Oops, ATC just called for the decent!

Pro Member Captain

New update, right wing is now empty, and the engines are running fine...fuel is NOT tranfering to the leaking tank, that is GOOD!

Pro Member Captain

Update, the weather has gotten BAD! There is lots of lightening...and I am covered in fuel.

I wonder if that noise I heard was thunder...will let you know when I'm on the ground if I got struck by lightning.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

good luck.

Pro Member Captain

Safe on the ground...pretty reasonable landing, the flight report doesn't say anything about lightning being the cause...but the thunder was so close to the time it started leaking...I'm going to look over the back of the plane pretty close looking for holes...

Flight pictures:
https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/17061/around-world-in-crj-900-leg-75/

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

No worries air indeed..... Laughing

Glad you got everyone down safe and sound!

Pro Member First Officer
Mohit (Mc_GaNgStA) First Officer

If that would have been me, I would for sure crash.

Pro Member Trainee
Daniel Scotcher (danielscotcher) Trainee

yere me too iv only been flying for about 6 months so i would have crashed Confused lol

Pro Member Captain
brownbox Captain

oh my...

Pro Member First Officer
Taylor First Officer

hopefully u landed safely