Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Newcomer and I can't get the approach

Pro Member Trainee
mmccraney Trainee

I'm all new to flying but do quite well except when it comes to my approach, I tune to the correct ILS freq but for some reason the computer always just wants to circle the airport and not align for landing. I'm sure I am not doing something right. Also can someone explain the function and useage of the course setting. Thanks Matt

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Very Happy Its easy...........once you know how.

Try this Arrow

Its mainly for fs8, but it will help

Have a Read of that and you will soon be ok

Enjoy Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

See how much of a help this is to you, if you need more please ask.

What would be better tan these are the lessons that you can take in the sim itself.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/knowledge/

Radar

Sorry TTT, I din't see you beat me to this subject. Embarassed

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Very Happy Im not here normally this late(UK) Tongue(no work tomorrow Thumbs Up! )

All that matters is we help someone get a little bit more enjoyment out of fs

Group Wave

Pro Member Trainee
leadZERO Trainee

Best resource I've found for explaining all the ins and outs of aeronautical navigation:

http://www.navfltsm.addr.com/

Pro Member First Officer
leadfoot First Officer

Try hand flying the approach. I always do. It's good practice, and mandatory if you want an IFR rating on your ticket. You will find with practice you can do a better job than the autopilot. Plus with a 737 you will understand the dynamics of the approach in great detail as I do. On standard ILS app. to maintain glideslope, my initial descent is on the order of 1400fpm, on short final it's down to 650 to 700 fpm. The reason being that on initial intercept of glideslope I'm doing 250kts. indicated, by the time I am on short final, I'm down to 140-150 kts. Try it. it's a good learning experience.