All thanks to Dimitris (aka Greekman 72
), I have discovered my new favourite small jet airliner: The BAe 146-200
Today I took it for a flight in the Qantas livery from Perth to Alice Springs, more than 1000 miles across the huge expanse of central Australia.
I was very delayed in taking off, and by the time my wheels left the runway, it was already late afternoon. Half way through my cruise, the sunset behind me, making the sky turn beautiful colours that I had never expected to see. I also made a nightime ILS landing which I have not done in a long time.
Here are 16 screenies (1.61mb) I took on my flight. The last three aren't that great as they are taken in darkness, but the rest look pretty sweet with the Aerosoft aircraft, and the VOZ South-West textures loaded.
1. Holding on the taxiway
2. Climbing out
3. Getting higher above the Perth suburbs
4. A mid shot of the aircraft with the river behind
5. A lower angle with the river in the background again- great VOZ 1.2 scenery
6. "CITY OF LAUNCESTON"
7. 13,000 feet and still climbing above the clouds
8. Turning eastwards
9. Flying high above the dry farmland, a typical landscape for this part of the country
10. At my cruising altitude, with low visibly and low sun making the surroundings look pink
11. Looking down at the yellow tinted cloud base
12. A nice orange sky
13. A nicer red sky
14. Descending over Alice Springs township two hours later
15. Touching down at night using ILS
16. Parked up at the terminal. Shame there weren’t any bright lights around to show off the amazing model.
Sorry for the long wait 56k'ers.