Computer Fan

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

The fan in my computer is abnormally loud - is there anyway to fix this?

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

I'm assuming that it is now louder than it used to be. If this isn't due to a lot of dust in the system causing poor ventilation which makes the fan turn at a higer speed, it could mean the bearings in the fan are worn. If that is the case, replacing the fan is the only answer.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Chris,
If it's bad replace it with a good quiet fan, Zalman or Antec, this is nice also.

It's also a good site for information for keeping your PC running quiet.

Radar

Guest Ed Guest

The CPU fan in my computer started getting louder a few months ago. When I looked at the fan, I realized that it wasn't turning as fast as I remembered. About the same time, I started having computer crashes.

I replaced the heat sink and fan, and the crashes went away.

Life is good. 😂

Ed

Pro Member First Officer
Ed Reagle (edr1073) First Officer

Guest Ed is right replace the heat sink and fan at the sametime. You can get a pair matched for about $40.00. Make sure that you clean the CPU as prescribed by the manufacturer. In fact try to get a copper heatsink. They cool an average of 10 degrees cooler and the fan will last longer because it is also running cooler the bearings weraout and chatter. You definately want to replace this ASAP becuae you cpu will eventually crash from the heat.

I hope this helps.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...