My Vacation Report -56k warning-

Pro Member Captain
atreyu Captain

Hey everyone i got back from my trip last thursday and am just now getting time to give you a report. Ok so i went with my dad on a road trip up to Yellowstone and the national parks on the way, like the Grand Canyon (north rim) Bryce Canyon, Zion, and the Grand Tetons. I took 939 pictures but i only had 80 keepers, theres no point in me boring you guys with 80 pictures of one old faithfull eruption 😉

Our first stop was The Grand Canyon. I have only been to the grand canyon once before but it was south rim. the north rim was so much better the views were amazing and the weather was nice.

I made a Flickr account and some of my pictures are there here is a link to the Grand Canyon pics ➡

http://www.flickr.com/photos/93131894@N00/sets/72157594204256458/

our second stop was Zion. We didn't spend too much time there because it was really hot there. It was a fun drive getting into the park because there were mountains the looked like they were brushed with a paintbrush and had a grooved texture. Also they had the longest tunnel i've ever been in, 1.1miles!

here are the Zion pictures

http://www.flickr.com/photos/93131894@N00/sets/72157594204255960/

Our 3rd stop was Salt Lake City. We were going to go to Bryce after Zion, but it was raning so we just decied to get it on the way back home. When i was at Salt lake i just had to do some plane spotting and kslc and i did. the airport was definitely not as busy as phoenix but had much better lighting even though it was kind of stromy.

here are my pics from kslc

Now for the main part of our trip. When we got to Wyoming we stayed at Jackson because it was the closest town to yellowstone. We Stayed at jackson for 4 days and on the first day we drove up to yellowstone but on the way stopping and all the viewpoints for the Grand Tetons. When we finally got into yellowstone it was beautiful. it was weird because it was like a zoo and disney land. A zoo because the wildlife there does what ever they want and walk in the roads (buffalo). And it was like Disney land because it takes several days and maybe even weeks to see everything there.

alright onto the pictures here are some of my pictures on flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/93131894@N00/sets/72157594204253900/

flickr only lets you upload 20mb a month so i couldn't get all my pictures on so here are a few more

here is a stitch i did, it lost alot of quality though

on our last day in jackson we decided to go white water rafting down the snake river instead on re-shooting the tetons, But i think it was worth it. i got soaked cuz i sat in the front and almost fell out! I got a shirt from the rafting company and it says "the yellow jacket doesn't make you safer, just easier to find" and it has a picture of a guy falling out of a raft.😛

on our trip back we stopped at Bryce just thinking we were going to shoot the canyon in one afternoon and then drive to kanab and get a hotel there, but we were so amazed with Bryce we ended up staying the night there.

these next pictures were taken the next day with early morning light

when we were driving to another view point we saw this deer getting his breakfast so i took a couple of shots of him

he decided to pose for a picture

i got board and took a picture of my dads car that we drove

well thats my trip and i had alot of fun. i also discovered that i suck at packing and that im a starbucks lover now. go a head and comment if you wish, and if anyone wants full size pics as always, just ask 😉

Last edited by atreyu on Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Kareem El-Sadi (crosscheck9) Captain

Wow!! Very interesting!! Thanks for sharing that with us atreyu 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

AMAZING!!! Wow I'd love to do that!!! Just incredible, you're so lucky! Beautiful pics though!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

What a super trip you had.
The variety of aircraft is nice, the photos you took are outstanding, and thanks for the running commentary.
I'm glad you enjoyed the trip and thanks for sharing so much of it with us!

Now go wash the bugs off your dads car!

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Stunning shots!!!

Excellent 👍 Looks like you had a fantastic time 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

Thanks for sharing ❗ ❗ ❗ 😉

Pro Member First Officer
Jeff Brock (jeffb57) First Officer

Get off Starbucks now before you get addicted like me! 😳

Pro Member Trainee
chlorinekid Trainee

thats really great pal, thanks for sharing. some amazing pics there too! what camera are you using?

Pro Member Captain
atreyu Captain

thanks for the comments guys it really was fun, and i want to move to jackson, wyoming now because it soooo much better the phoenix.

jeffb57 wrote:

Get off Starbucks now before you get addicted like me! 😳

i think its too late.... i've been there 3 times now i want to go back every weekend 😳

chlorinekid wrote:

thats really great pal, thanks for sharing. some amazing pics there too! what camera are you using?

i used a Nikon D50 with and the 18-55 kit lens it come with for the landscape shots. for the airplane, wildlife shots and macro shots i used my sigma 70-300 apo dg macro.

by the way are you guys remembering to look and my gallery i have set up? just click on the tumbnail for a bigger pic.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/93131894@N00/sets/

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

EXCELLENT ❗ ❗ ❗ ❗ ❗ ❗

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...