Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

***Alaska's Round***

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

OMEGA tasks me to fly all over Alaska with a team of researchists and scientists in order to transport them all over the country to collect infos about the fauna and the flora of this wonderful and cold place of the earth.

Mission starts from PANC(Anchorage) and ends there with 48 middle waypoints.

You can find all the Alaska’s airport data to the following link

Aslo here are the links for the Airports I fly from and to ,this first day.

1. PANC

2. PADQ

3. PASD

DAY 1.

PANC>PAQD>PASD

The only think I had to point for these flights is the strong winds and the bad weather in most of the flight between PAQD>PASD.
Crooswind but successfully landing to PASD.Here we stop for the first day.

PANC>PAQD

PADQ>PSDA

END OF FIRST DAY.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Stunning as always Thumbs Up!

Pro Member Captain
Canyon (NoWorries) Captain

Great flight, plane, AI, Scenery, Water, Weather, and landing!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

A new trip, this time by Greekman super!

Those airport maps are outstanding it gives us an entirely new perspective on the trip.
Good choice of aircraft!

You screenshots are as excellent as always and I do love Alaska's fine scenery, this is one more exciting adventure.
Next installment please.

Radar

Pro Member Captain
violentviolet Captain

At least you didn't have to land on that silly airstrip somewhere in Alaska which is at the bottom of a big hole! Laughing Nice shots too. Thumbs Up!

Pro Member First Officer
Ben (eagle3) First Officer

WOW-you almost ma
ke me want to fly there!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Thats FeelThere's Caravan right? Hrm, nice, really tempted to get it just so I can run Fedex Feeder routes. Wink Already do with my FedEx Feeder B1900C.

I love this plane for some reason.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Thanks for your nice comments my friends. Very Happy Thumbs Up!

DAY 2.

PASD>PACD>PAPH

PACD
PAPH

We start this second day taking-off from PASD at 0900.Nice weather(a little cloudy) with the usual strong winds and also a-usual-crosswind landing at PACD.Second part from PACD was a nice flight with lighter winds and an easier landing.We are going to spend the rest of the day here. Wink

PASD>PACD

PACD>PAPH

END OF 2ND DAY.

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

Excellent screenies GM72....both reports are top notch Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

I'm jealous. Very Happy Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

I'm jealous. Very Happy Wink

We have an appointment in some of the next airports(im not going to point the exact location of your repaints factory Very Happy ) in order to paint my craft... Wink Dont forget it...I pay for it 5$ Laughing Laughing Laughing Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

OMEGA tasks me to fly all over Alaska with a team of researchists and scientists in order to transport them all over the country to collect infos about the fauna and the flora of this wonderful and cold place of the earth.

GM is our resident pacifist at Omega-Air. While he is doing that, I'm flying in and out of Beirut. No photos...classified mission. Laughing

GM hasn't been told that one of those scientists is really setting up telemetry equipment to listen in on something going on in eastern Siberia that one of Omega-Air's clients is interested in. Wink

But, I can never complain about his screen shots. They are magnificent

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I can't believe that your screenshots keep getting better but they do, amazing!

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Crash Arrow

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Pro Member Chief Captain

Great shots GM Thumbs Up!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

DAY 3.

PAPH>PATG>PADY

PATG

PADY

Third day of this mission and we take-off at 0700 from PAPH with nice weather,lights winds and light clouds.
No problems at all during the flight to PATG and a nice easy landing.
OMEGA's repainting team was there waiting for me in order to repaint my craft while scientists collect their infos for their data-base.
After two hours the craft was ready Exclamation Laughing and we take-off for PADY with a great repainted craft in the colors of OMEGA.
At the begging weather was promising of a nice and sight-seeing flight but in the middle of our craft heavy clouds and strong winds disappoint us.
PADY is an airport close to Yukon's Delta with a short and narrow runway(1800f x 35f).Low visibility make things more difficult and makes me to do two rounds in order to get the best angle for approaching.Crosswind turn the landing to a challenge for me and scared my passengers Fear .
Finally i manage to land ,but, with about 70f of overshooting the small runway.Here we stop for this day. Wink

PAPH>PATG

PATG>PADY

Pro Member Chief Captain

Thumbs Up! Excellent as always Cool

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Thank you very much Jon. Embarassed

Cheers!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Beautiful GM beautiful.
That's a very nice paint job and I do like the numbers on your aircraft.
That shot with the telephone poles, just perfect.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

RadarMan wrote:

Beautiful GM beautiful.
That's a very nice paint job and I do like the numbers on your aircraft.
That shot with the telephone poles, just perfect.

Radar

Thanks to dear Thumbs Up! Crash...And his secret repainting team Laughing

Thanks for your comments RadarMan Cheers!

Pro Member Chief Captain

For my next repaint, I will get the pilot and copilot out of their current uniforms with ties, and put them in blue sweat shirts with white Omegas on them. Cool Laughing

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

For my next repaint, I will get the pilot and copilot out of their current uniforms with ties, and put them in blue sweat shirts with white Omegas on them. Cool Laughing

That will be great Exclamation ...These twins are a bit...odd Confused ...Can i ask for a lady's uniform for my new co-pilot... Question Laughing Wink

Pilau Guest

Man, Greekman, you're not only a pilot nut an artist too!
I have to tell you this one of the (if not the) most impressive screenshots set I've ever seen!

Very good job mate!

I gotta ask you, where did you get these trees on the scenery shown in Day 2?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Thank you very much Pilau Wink

Trees Arrow

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?Search...Search&Cookie=1

Scenery Arrow ( Alaska 38.2 m - Mesh Package Part A & b) Arrow

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=alaska+mesh&CatID=fs2004scen

Thanks to RadarMan for both of them Punk

Pilau Guest

The trees link doesn't work Sad

Anyway man, keep on this track, you're on your way to stardome!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain
Pilau Guest

Thanks

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

DAY 4.

PADY>PAMY>SCM>WBB>PAKK

PAMY

SCM

WBB

PAKK

If i want to describe with few words this day i would said Heavy Clouds.
Not the best weather for sight seeing and traveling.Light Winds but heavy clouds and overcast in most parts of this missions.
Starting from PAMY at 1100 and flying to short distance airport make the flights a challenge for me because most of times i discover the runways not further than 1-2miles before starting approaching.
Rounds almost in all of these small and difficult to approach airports.Take-offs was a challenge too and sometime i had to pushback a little more from the limits of the runway for having room in order to reach the right speed for take-off.
Fortunately i was luck and had no crashes. Wink

PADY>PAMY

PAMY>SCM

SCM>WBB

WBB>PAKK

Pro Member Chief Captain

Cool selection Thumbs Up!

I like your tree addon - very realistic Cool

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Even your opening maps are excellent.
With the slight overcast the screenshots look marvelous.
I do like the scenery close or far it's sharp and clear. The taxiways at some of those airports is unusual, like gravel-asphalt.
Why do you wear a tie while flying is your boss (Crash) a mean guy?
I'm looking froward to the next installment.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Thanks Jon and RadarMan Thumbs Up!

Well that was the only clothes i found in this craft...Probably an offer in the whole package from the sellers... Wink
Crash promise to make us uniforms but when i ask him a lady's one for my co-pilot, he fault in silence... Sleep
Probably he envy me because in past she has deny to work with him... Laughing Laughing Laughing

Pro Member Chief Captain

I am up to my ears in alligators at the moment, or I'd have repainted the the pilot and copilot gor GM. The pilot in bib overalls and the copilot in a pink ballet tutu. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Pro Member Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

I am up to my ears in alligators at the moment, or I'd have repainted the the pilot and copilot gor GM. The pilot in bib overalls and the copilot in a pink ballet tutu. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Both will have long beards. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

CrashGordon wrote:

Both will have long beards. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

ZZTop... ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

DAY 5.

PAKK>WMO>PASA>KPC.

WMO

PASA

KPC

Flying slowly to North the temperature falling (12C-53.6F on earth and about 3C-37.4F on the skies 4500f).
The weather start shows some signs of improvement, so we start at 1400 our flight for our next destination WMO.
Approaching there was not so difficult but the scenery was a bit odd as you can see in the shots below.The runway starts from the water...
Small and narrow runways starts to be a usual thing.Nice landing without problems but stop to the limit of the runway.
Taking off for our next destination after 1hour and the weather was much better.We see some sunlight Very Happy .But overcast meet us again 20miles before our destination and make me search for the runway untill the last moment.
Taking off from WMO early evening with light clouds but strong winds (they come back Very Happy ).Overcast again around KPC,our final destination for this day,but no winds so no problems on landing.We will spend the night here. Wink

PAKK>WMO

WMO>PASA

PASA>KPC

Pro Member Chief Captain

Very realistic collection of shots GreekMan Cool

Are you flying off the edge of the world in shot 9 Question Question

Laughing

Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Yeah...There where the odd creatures and monsters are waiting... Fear Ninja

ROFL

Thanks for your comments Jon Thumbs Up!

BTW...I like your Snoopy Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Yeah...There where the odd creatures and monsters are waiting... Fear Ninja

ROFL

Thanks for your comments Jon Thumbs Up!

Laughing

Greekman72 wrote:

BTW...I like your Snoopy Wink

And Snoopy likes you too Laughing

Razz

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Beautiful shots as usual, I do like that one runway sitting out in the water, landing there is like walking on a tightrope, you know you can do it but it feels very narrow.
Fun trip so far!

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Yes indeed...Its an odd experience...something like landing in a carrier... Laughing Laughing Laughing

Glad you like the trip RadarMan. Very Happy

Pro Member First Officer
john (verygom) First Officer

Drool Clapping (I could n't find an emoticon to show that I'm green with envy) Brilliant pics - as usual GM.

Pilau Guest

Dude - numbers 3, 4 and 15 just look bloody brilliant!
These are the most realistic FS screenshots I have ever seen!
I could swear #3 and #15 are photographs!

Do you edit your shots? I mean, how did you get that shade on the bottom of the aircraft?

Pro Member Chief Captain

That's what you get when the aircraft's textures are done correctly. I can't take credit for that, I just changed a few colors and slapped some letters and numbers on. FeelThere does quality stuff.

Plau Guest

You mean the Alpha channel is responsible for this, right?

Pro Member Chief Captain

Beats me. I have enough on my plate administering 12 domains, 12 mail servers, two forums and 9 web sites to understand the nuts and bolts of graphics. Laughing

Pilau Guest

Pfft Very Happy
Sure, well, I'll just find that FeelThere guy Laughing

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

I can't take credit for that, I just changed a few colors and slapped some letters and numbers on. FeelThere does quality stuff.

Wrong Exclamation ...Your VA and your great repaint gives the needed inspiration for such a mission. Thumbs Up! Thumbs Up! Thumbs Up!

Pilau wrote:

Dude - numbers 3, 4 and 15 just look bloody brilliant!
These are the most realistic FS screenshots I have ever seen!
I could swear #3 and #15 are photographs!

Do you edit your shots? I mean, how did you get that shade on the bottom of the aircraft?

Thats my well hiding secret my friend Laughing Wink Laughing Laughing Laughing

Thanks a lot for your comments my friends.Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

DAY 6

KPC>PASH>PABL>PAOT

PASH

PABL

PAOT

We continue our trip to the north by taking off at 1100 from KPC with overcast around and the temperature to 4C-39.2F.Some turbulence at 5000F make my passengers nervous.
I was wondering if the overcast going to follow us until our next destination PASH and unfortunately i was true.
Although descending to 1300F for the final approach i had a better view of the runway and a nice landing.Pleasant surpise...Another Cessna Caravan was at he small parking of PASH.
We stay there for about two hours and then take-off to PABL.Weather becomes clearer probably due to the wind and we have a nice sight seeing flight.Final approach and landing to PABL was an easy job.A very nice airport.
Final destination for this day was PAOT.Same weather conditions as our former flight and the first big airport since days. Wink

KPC>PASH

PASH>PABL

PABL>PAOT

Pro Member Chief Captain

Lovely assortment GreekMan Punk

The second shot looks very desolate Shocked I think #9 is my favourite shot out of this leg of your trip Cool

Good work - keep it up! Thumbs Up!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Thank you very much dear Jon Cheers!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Jon's right, it's a very lonely looking area. A nice day for flying, clear and sharp. I see you encountered another of those "water" runways.
I'm going to have to try one of those.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain

Excellent report again GM72 Exclamation Exclamation Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

DAY 7.

PAOT>Z53>PATQ

Z53
PATQ

We start this day's flights at 0800 from the friendly airport of PAOT to the lonely and not so friendly Z53.
It was a happiness to meet some traffic. Smile Weather was friendly too with light winds and the ground temperature around 10C-50.
We had a nice and quite trip if we except some short moments of turbulence.
Z53 has nothing special as an airport except a short runway.The whole area was like a desert and i was thinking this area in winter months.Ice ice and some snow for change... Wink We stay for about 1hour there and then we take-off for PATQ.
Take-off was at the limit of the runway with full fuel loaded craft.
Weather conditions hadn't change since our last flight.Flying VOR to VOR i discover an airport-PALU-surrounding by high rocks ,having a lake beside and over something which maybe they call Terminal.I was wondering what could be happens if this lake overflows...
Second VOR waypoint was the airport of PABR,the northest airport of Alaska.
We turn to south and heading for the PATQ,our final destination for this day.Very pleasant place compare to the whole area with probably high religious people.Thats the only explanation i could give for the two Churches close to runway... Laughing I unload my passenger beside the churces(They want to pray....) and went to meet some friends on the parking. Wink

PAOT>Z53

Z53>PATQ

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

You depth of color and crisp scenery never ceases to amaze me, more fine screens and story line.
This is a trip that I would enjoy. Think how different it would look in the freezing winter.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

RadarMan wrote:

You depth of color and crisp scenery never ceases to amaze me, more fine screens and story line.
This is a trip that I would enjoy. Think how different it would look in the freezing winter.

Radar

Thanks RadarMan...You gave me an idea... Idea I know that maybe some people would say...Ohhhh NOT AGAIN Shocked ... so i will do it in next Xmas... Laughing Laughing Laughing

Pro Member Chief Captain

RadarMan wrote:

Radar

I agree. Your shots on the entire trip have been interesting, clear and dynamic. The payware addons combined with your talent make for fantastic shots!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

99jolegg wrote:

RadarMan wrote:

Radar

I agree. Your shots on the entire trip have been interesting, clear and dynamic. The payware addons combined with your talent make for fantastic shots!

Not better than your shots Jon. Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
I always enjoy them and i wish to see them more often. Exclamation

Thanks for following me to this trip. Cheers!

Which was an interesting and lovely photo'ed trip!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Who sais the opposite?

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Who sais no?

BTW....I know you Wink Exclamation Wink Bad boy Hit with Chair Are you afraid to use your real ID??? Laughing Wink What a pity... Very Happy

Pilau Guest

LOL, it was me, sorry

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I was really didnt understand exactly what you mean.Explain Exclamation

Pro Member Chief Captain

I love the shot of you parked next to another Cessna Caravan. Yours looks better. Laughing

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

I love the shot of you parked next to another Cessna Caravan. Yours looks better. Laughing

No doubt about it Laughing Laughing Laughing

Pro Member Captain
Faucett Captain

Great trip and shots all the way through, GM!!!

Ah, to be an Alaskan bush pilot....that would be the life!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Faucett wrote:

Great trip and shots all the way through, GM!!!

Ah, to be an Alaskan bush pilot....that would be the life!

You dont know how many times per week i wish such a think Faucett... Exclamation

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

Lookin good Greekman.

Nice and clear as always Cool Cool

Liono

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Thanks a lot Wink Liono.

Reading good comments from our Screenshots Master its a Honor for me. Exclamation

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

DAY 8

PATQ>PABR>PABA

PABR

PABA

Starting this day with the best weather conditions ,since the day we start our mission, makes us feel very happy.
We take-off from the small airport of PATQ at 1230 for a short flight (25' minutes Block to Block) to PABR for supplies and refueling.PABR was a very pleasant airport and i have the luck to park between two Beautiful Ladies Love ...
After 1hour we start the basic flight for this day to the airport of PABA(Almost 4 hours flight).Choosing Low Altitude routing gave me a strange course.We take-off heading to Northeast then turn straight to East and finally turn to North for our final destination.
Some light clouds at the begging but then Clear Skies makes us enjoy flying over mountains and meet the first snowy edges.
PABA was a nice airport as you will see below.
Parked here and went for fishing in front of my craft Wink

PATQ-PABR

PABR>PABA

Pro Member Chief Captain

Very nice cool screenshots GM.

Have a Cheers! to cool down after that flight.

Until next time.

Liono

BTW nice sig Cool

Pro Member Chief Captain

Beautiful! Cool

I love the mountain range shots in numbers 9, 10, 11, 12 and 13 Love

Nicely done Thumbs Up!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

You have some wonderful captures there, I like the snowy peaks, the detail and that MAAM parked next to you is an amazing sight.
Brilliant as usual, you are the premier screenshot man!!! Yes!

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Thanks a lot my friends...If i catch some fishes in PABA I invite you for some bottles of white wine and teriyaki Wink Laughing

RadarMan thank you very much for your kind words Embarassed But i ensure you my good friend that i really dont care at all if im the premier or the last one.
The basic point is that I enjoy it.My happines is that you enjoy it too.What else a man needs...(except some good wine and my co-pilot Wink ) Thumbs Up! Thumbs Up! Thumbs Up!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

Greekman, this is a great tour Exclamation

I love your screenshots Exclamation Exclamation Smile Smile

Great graphics and fantastic angles Razz

Pilau Guest

The first screenie just amazed me!
Greekman you'll be remembered for this tour of yours!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Pilau wrote:

The first screenie just amazed me!
Greekman you'll be remembered for this tour of yours!

Thanks guys Very Happy Thumbs Up!

Pilau why dont you become a member here?Of course all your reasons for not being are respectable Exclamation I just ask cause you seem like a nice guy and you could be a great asset to Fly Away forums community. Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain

Very Interestinh shots GM Exclamation Exclamation

Great scenery and quality Thumbs Up!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

DAY 9

PABA>BYA

BYA

Our flight for this day was(a quite long one-3h37minutes-) to the mountainous small airport of BYA.
We stat our flight at 1300 with overcast around the airport of BYA.The weather has a lot of chances during this flight from heavy clouds to clear light-winds some turbulence but also some times of clear skies and great sight seeing.
Flying at 11500F for most of our trip we had the chance for an overview of the famous Yukon river.
My passengers asks me to fly lower for the last 35 miles of our flight in order to watch the beautiful verdurous mountains.Since weather was friendly I descend to 4500F and i really enjoy ,too,the wonderful landscape.
Landing to the airport of BYA was more easy than i expected probably because there was no wind or overcast around.We set-up a small camp there and we spend a wonderful evening and night close to mother nature. Wink

PABA>BYA

Pro Member Chief Captain

Bow Down Bow Down Bow Down Bow Down Bow Down Bow Down

Nice as always sir.

Liono

I wish I woulda known how to take screenshots before becuz i took a flight in a 172 from palmyra wisconson to nome alaska and then back it was fun but a long time i did it becuz a dads freind of mine did it in real life in his citabria witch he took me up in last year when i was eleven and did alll those mauneovers and that planes i beast and ive been into citabrias ever since

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Thumbs Up!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

I wish I woulda known how to take screenshots before becuz i took a flight in a 172 from palmyra wisconson to nome alaska and then back it was fun but a long time i did it becuz a dads freind of mine did it in real life in his citabria witch he took me up in last year when i was eleven and did alll those mauneovers and that planes i beast and ive been into citabrias ever since

Take a deep breath from this non full stops writing and read the post above for future use. Laughing Wink

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/11288/guide-to-upload-our-pics/

Thanks for you comments my friends. Thumbs Up!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

GM,
Those mountain shots are spectacular, the variety of scenery that you've shown in this grouping is nothing short of amazing.
You get better by the day.!

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

RadarMan wrote:

GM,
Those mountain shots are spectacular, the variety of scenery that you've shown in this grouping is nothing short of amazing.
You get better by the day.!

Radar

Thanks RadarMan Thumbs Up! It was a rich route with great scenery.I shot 123 pics and it was a hard job to reject some of them.Although i know that posting 19 shots its too much but i couldn't forgive my self of rejecting more.

Sorry anyway for the time this page takes to load. Embarassed

Pro Member Chief Captain

No need to apologise Greekman.

As usual, they are all great shots, but I think I'd choose #7 as my favourite, for its sheer surrealism and originality - and of course, its fantastic detail! Thumbs Up!

Pilau Guest

Greekman72 wrote:

Pilau why dont you become a member here?Of course all your reasons for not being are respectable Exclamation I just ask cause you seem like a nice guy and you could be a great asset to Fly Away forums community. Wink

I would really like that, but you see I'm still 17 and I don't have my own credit card, and my parents are out of the question 'cos they are reluctant to pay over the internet, no matter who it is to and what for.

Pilau Guest

Oh hell I forgot to comment on the photos!
I really like where you're flying, it's a good choice for a route because you get to really see into this breath-taking scenery. VGJ!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I understand. Exclamation

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

DAY 10

BYA>PAGB

PAGB

We had to start early morning for todays flight.I notice some heavy clouds around and thats makes me thoughtful about our trip.
Our destination was the airport of BYA next to Galbraith lake at an elevation of 2670F.
We pack our things and take off at 0400.Taking off at the limit of the small BYA's runway and climbing to 11000.
Up to 6000f strong turbulence make my passengers waking up and then rain makes them even more nervous.The weather was almost the same for most of our flight (2hours and 40 minutes).Things become worst close to PAGB due to overcast and rain but fortunately not very strong winds.
PAGB was located in a valley surrounding by high mountains and i had no visual contact with there runway till i was 3 miles from it.
I was too high and i have to circle in order to prepare my craft for final approach.Bad weather make this landing a challenge but at the end we land safe with my passengers a little stressed...Thats life Wink

BYA>PAGB

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

The utter emptiness, the desolation of that area and the colors of the sky's in the early shots make this one of the more eventful days.
Bravo! Thumbs Up!

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain

I like the different textures in the first few shots - it looks very cool and calm Cool

Pro Member Chief Captain

Looking good as always GM.

Looks like you had some really nice and interesting weather up there in Alaska.

Liono

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Thanks Liono. Very Happy Indeed...weather conditions makes these flights more interesting.

Thank you all for you nice and kind comments my friends. Bow Down Bow Down Bow Down

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

DAY 11.

PAGB>PAUM>PAKP>OBU

PAUM

PAKP

OBU

After a short break for rest and researches from my passengers we take off from PAGB at 1100.
Weather was great but with strong winds and turbulence during the flights to PAUM and also to PAKP.
Fortunately landing to PAUM was an easy job but to PAKP was a difficult one.The most difficult part was to find and approach to the airport because it was located(as PAGB)to a valley surrounding by high mountains covered by overcast.
I had to make a small circle too in order to descend finally a nice with light crosswind landing.
We stay here all the noon and and the afternoon at 1815 we start our flight for OBU.
I had to pass through a career between the high mountains in order to avoid a big circle to around them.Risky movement because i had strong wind but successfully though.As the day ends we notice for first time in this trip the amazing Northern Lights.It was magic. Shocked Exclamation
Some turbulence make my passengers a little nervous but no further problem till our final destination (OBU)for this day.We are going to spend the night here. Wink

PAGB>PAUM

PAUM>PAKP

PAKP>OBU

Pro Member Chief Captain

Lovely shots - the scenery around that part is amazing. It must make for beautiful flights!

A job well done Thumbs Up!

Pro Member Chief Captain

Excellent shots as always GM72 Exclamation Exclamation

The mountains look spectacular Shocked

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

It looks so lonely and quiet, all you can hear is the hum of the engines and the wind as it passes through the mountains.
I can lost in those screenshots.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Τhanks for your nice comments my friends.

RadarMan you desribe it so perfect that i can say nothing more...Yes this is the feeling... Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Bow Down

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

DAY 12.

OBU>PASK>PAHS>PAGA>PARY

PASK

PAHS

PAGA
PARY

This day's schedule includes 4 short flights in some of the nicest,pleasant airports and areas i have flown.
The scenery has change from the previous day,and from the high mountains we fly over verdurous valleys with only some high hills to break the flat landscape.
We take off from the pleasant airport of OBU at 0800 with clear weather and light winds.Same weather during our short flight(30 minutes).
PASK is another airport build on sea and the narrow runway makes me nervous until i touch down and stop-fortunately with no problems at all-(i start to get used of such kind of runways.
After one hour we take off for PAHS.Excellent weather conditions and a very nice airport to land.
We stay there until the noon and at 1500 we take of for our next destination PAGA.At the beginning weather was perfect except some short moments of turbulence but 35 miles from PAGA overcast has covered everything.I have to fly only with my instruments and watching the GPS in order to locate the airport.I was nervous and i was afraid to loose the first touch because circling in such a bad weather isn't the best thing.
Finally only 1 mile away far i spot the runway.Having-from luck?- a good position i start landing process.
Everything was great and without problems.Fortunately this was big airport with also big runway which helps to a nice landing despite the bad weather.
Taking off after 1 hour with a better weather. A light wind break the overcast and we take off with a nice weather that lasts until our final destination for this day:PARY.A very nice quite place which will be our relaxing point for this day. Wink

OBU>PASK

PASK>PAHS

PAHS>PAGA

PAGA>PARY

Pro Member Chief Captain

Stunning screenies GM72 Exclamation Exclamation Shocked

You must've been to a good proportion of Alaskan airports by now.

That's and odd runway in shot #5 Wink

Keep 'em coming Exclamation Exclamation

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

That certainly is a frightening looking runway to navigate, if the fog was in to heavily I would be afraid off falling off.
The fog was lying very low at the other.
Nice shot of the gooney bird, DC-3. Great cargo haulers for that part of the world.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Kareem El-Sadi (crosscheck9) Chief Captain

GM -- you really hit the spot with that collection Clapping -- Absolutely beautiful Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain

What more can I say?

Stunning as always GM Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

As you say...Cheers my friends Cheers! Bow Down

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

DAY 13.

PARY>RMP>WBQ

RMP

WBQ

PARY was a very pleasant place to stay but unfortunately we had to wake up early morning and prepare our trip for our next destination:RMP.
Light winds and clear skies help us to have an easy take-off despite of the small runway and also help us to have a very joyful flight.
Landing to RMP wasn't so easy job cause of the trees very close to runway,making me loose the half of the runway and stop to the limit.No further problems.
We stay here for about 2hours and at 0700 we start our next trip.Overcast has covered the whole area but when i pass 4000F everything was clear and pleasant until our next and final destination for this day WBQ.
WBQ is located to the riverside of Yukon river and except the tress close to the runway(i start get used to it too...)we had no further problems.A nice place to spend the rest of the day. Wink

PARY>RMP

RMP>WBQ

Pro Member Chief Captain

I love that last shot Love It looks as if it sums up Alaska nicely Cool

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

The Alaskan scenery is breathtaking, your screenshots and story-line do it justice!

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Thanks a lot my friends. Blush
Your kind and nice comments encourage me to continue this long trip.Still 16 waypoints to go.
Untill this moment we have visit 32. Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

Your kind and nice comments encourage me to continue this long trip.Still 16 waypoints to go.

Glad to hear it - keep up the fantastic work Thumbs Up!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

99jolegg wrote:

Greekman72 wrote:

Glad to hear it - keep up the fantastic work Thumbs Up!

Cheers! Very Happy Bow Down

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

DAY 14.

WBQ>CIK>PAEA

CIK

PAEA

This day we have to fly from the WBQ-a very nice place and airport-to CIK and finally to PAEA.
A great weather with light winds and light clouds was promising of beautiful ,sight seeing, flights over valleys,lakes and hills.
We take-off at 1300 without problems and also without problems we land at the airport of CIK after almost 50minutes of relaxing and joyful flight.The airport of CIK was surrounding from hight trees and the landscape was a dream.We also enjoy the second flight of this day to PAEA and we stop here to spend the night.It was an easy day... Wink

WBQ-CIK

CIK>PAEA

Pro Member Chief Captain

GM, your shots are getting better by the flight. Nicely done Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain

Cool That tree addon really brings your shots to life Thumbs Up!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Thank you very much my friends Blush Thumbs Up!

Those trees are really a nice add-on thanks to dear RadarMan who spot it to us long time ago. Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Beautiful day, beautiful scenery, beautiful vibrant colors and the shot of the airstrip from the sky is outstanding!

I applaud you. Clapping

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Thanks a lot for your nice comments and your support RadarMan. Wink Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

DAY 15.

PAEA>PABI>PAEI>PAML

PABI

PAEI

PAML

A strong rain comes with the start of the 15th day of our trip in the airport of PAEA.
We getting aboard Take -Off at 0800 for our first destination for this day:PABI.
Despite the rain we had no problems during Take-Off.Although i had to be careful as the visibility was very low until we climb to 6500F.I had to be careful of the surrounding mountains.
After the first half of our trip the weather becomes better and we had no problems for the rest of our flight.A nice surprise was that PABI was the first airport since long time with ATC.It was a nice feeling to hear a voice on your radio telling how to approach and where to land...We spend about 2hours here and then we Take-Off for our next destination PAEI.
Flying over the Yukon river with nice weather makes this flight a joyful one.Short and without problems flight and landing in another big airport.
Our next and final destination for this day was PAML.A short field with some overcast make me more careful during the landing process but finally no problems at all.We will rest here and continue tommorow... Wink

PAEA>PABI

PABI>PAEI

PAEI>PAML

Pro Member Chief Captain

Those are some terrific shots you have there GM... The angles are unique, and you scenery is just amazing. What more can I say? Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

No need to say more dear Crosscheck.
The fact the you have the patience to follow me on this trip says them all.

Thanks a lot my friend. Very Happy Thumbs Up!

Pro Member Chief Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

No need to say more dear Crosscheck.
The fact the you have the patience to follow me on this trip says them all.

Thanks a lot my friend. Very Happy Thumbs Up!

It was our pleasure following you on this great trip! Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain

Stunning shots Greekman - some of those shots are the best on your trip so far - nicely done! Thumbs Up!

Bow Down

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

From small dirt strips to near major size airports, that area seems to have everything and you show it all off in the best light possible.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain

Fab shots GM72....very nice work, they just get better and better Big Grin

Bow Down Bow Down Bow Down

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Thanks guys Blush Big Grin

Be patient...It is close to end...I hope i end it before leave for summer vacations in Monday... Rolling Eyes

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

DAY 16.

PAML>PAMH>PAMC

PAMH

PAMC

We stay at PAML area for most of the day and at noon 1500 we take off from the short runway for our next destination:PAMH.
I have to push hard my craft in order to Take off just to the limit of the runway and passing very close over the tress...No further problems and although we have a cloudy weather our flight was nice and peaceful.PAMH was located on a beautiful riverside area.Landing without problems.
PAMH was an airport similar to PAML with the same trees around runway but quite larger runway so i don't worry too much as i was taking of from there.
Our next and final destination was PAMC.Airport was located between two branches of Yukon River in a very nice area.We stop here for this day Wink

PAML>PAMH

PAMH>PAMC

[/b]

Pro Member Chief Captain

All I can say is..... Love

Great work Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Pro Member Chief Captain

Fantastic work Greekman - those shots can't be faulted Cool

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Unbelievably sharp, clear and those water textures are perfect. What a beautiful day to fly over such grand scenery.
I hate to ask how many screenshots you take just to get the perfect ones that you post here.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Thanks a lot my friends. Bow Down

Well RadarMan I shot an average number of 40 shots for each flight.I try to choose the most interesting and what people probably like more... Wink
I edit all of them(Resize,Sharpness,and to some of them, color exposure)I check them again and again untill i choose the ones I upload to photobucket...Then i write my amateur reports and upload them here... Very Happy Laughing Wink

Im always one day in front of the day i report here.Now im flying the DAY17. Wink

Pro Member Captain
Faucett Captain

Just fantastic, GM.
I know its been talked about, but your trees, autogen and settings are superb!!

Cool

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Faucett wrote:

Just fantastic, GM.
I know its been talked about, but your trees, autogen and settings are superb!!

Cool

Thanks Faucett Bow Down

BTW... We have long time to see some of your great shots...Im waiting... Umm... Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain

Nice shots GM, looking good.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Thanks Liono Thumbs Up! Very Happy

Pro Member Captain
Faucett Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

BTW... We have long time to see some of your great shots...Im waiting... Umm... Wink

Thanks, GM. I shall post a few very shortly!!

Cool

Pro Member Chief Captain

Remind me to avoid posting screen shots of the same areas or it will look like I'm using FS98 by comparison.

I don't think I've seen anything to match what GM72 does.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Honestly GM, you've taken flight simulation to a whole new level. Outstanding work by far Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

What can i say more than a big THANKS my friends... Blush Bow Down Bow Down Bow Down

Pro Member Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Well RadarMan I shot an average number of 40 shots for each flight.I try to choose the most interesting and what people probably like more...

I average about 200-300 shots per flight Laughing

Great tour GM, I am enjoying your brilliant shots- getting better and better all the time, keep up the good work mate Thumbs Up!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

cheekytrolly wrote:

Well RadarMan I shot an average number of 40 shots for each flight.I try to choose the most interesting and what people probably like more...

I average about 200-300 shots per flight Laughing

Great tour GM, I am enjoying your brilliant shots- getting better and better all the time, keep up the good work mate Thumbs Up!

Do you have a pedal for PrtScn key Cheeky? Laughing Laughing Laughing

Thanks for your comments my friend. Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

DAY 17.

PAMC>SRV>HCA>JZZ>PASX

SRV

HCA

JZZ

PASX

This day was a long one.We have to fly to four different areas starting at 1000h and finally land at 2100 at PASX.
Weather from departure airport of PAMC was with heavy clouds around us and a heavy atmosphere with light winds.Ground temperature at 14C-57.2F.
Take-Off without problems but having turbulence in most of our flight.Difficult approach cause of strong winds to SRV and also some big trees very close to the short runway.Finally we land safe.
After 1hour we take off for our next destination HCA.The weather becomes colder but better with only some moments of turbulence.Landing at HCA without problems and after a short break we start our next flight to JZZ.
Long flight(about 2hours)over boring areas without something special to notice.Landing safe to JZZ.We spend noon here and late at evening we start our last flight for this day.
Flying to PASX was a great experience.Heavy clouds,rain,overcast,turbulence at the beginning make this flight a very interesting one.
The daytime has given us some excellent opportunities to watch the mountains the lakes and the valleys with many different colors and views.Landing at PASX at 2100 without problems but tired form this big day... Wink

PAMC>SRV

SRV>HCA

HCA>JZZ

JZZ>PASX

Pro Member Chief Captain

GM,

I think everyone is going to figure out you've been posting real world photos in the screen shot gallery. Laughing

Pro Member Chief Captain

Shocked Bow Down

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

GM,

I think everyone is going to figure out you've been posting real world photos in the screen shot gallery. Laughing

You always learn us new tricks in OMEGA.... Laughing Laughing Laughing

Thansk a lot you and dear Jon. Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Your ability to show us these screenshots triggers the imagination and I feel as if I were flying along with you.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain

RadarMan wrote:

Your ability to show us these screenshots triggers the imagination and I feel as if I were flying along with you.

Radar

Coundn't put it better myself Thumbs Up!

Pro Member Chief Captain

That was so realistic, I felt the turbulence Exclamation

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Thank a lot guys... Very Happy Wink Bow Down Bow Down Bow Down

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Well GM, I'm a little late (I was gone again) but your screen shots are great. I don't know what I can say that hasn't already been said. Great work, love the Cessna Caravan and you're my hero. Bow Down Bow Down Bow Down

meylan Guest

Shocked your the man Smile beautifully taken shots of your adventure

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Blush Blush Blush Bow Down Bow Down Bow Down

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

DAY 18.

(Apologize for the number of the uploading shots which makes the pages slow....But due to circumstances i had to get in a hurry Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed )
Wink
PASX>PASP>CXC>PACY>PAMD>PAWR>PANC

PASP

CXC

PACY

PAMD

PAWR

This last day of our mission we start early morning from PASX and finish late noon at PANC.
The weather wasn't so friendly in most of our flights with strong winds,heavy clouds,overcast rain but also some short moments of sunshine ,especially in hight alt.
High snowy mountains makes us enjoy and admire the beauty of this wonderful country.
I was wondering how will this trip be if it was at winter time...The only think i have to point for this last day is that i had the most difficult landing of all i had till this moment... Shocked
The small airport of PAWE was located in a gulf surrounding by high snowy mountains.Overcast and strong winds was an addition.I land with a few feet of overshooting the runway.A little more and i would have crash in the rocks in front of me... Confused
Final flight to PANC with strong turbulence and strong winds don't make it a celebrating flight as we wish to,since it was the last one,but it was a seat on the pants one...Fortunatelly safe landing in the huge airport of PANC.Thats how we see it after 18days of landing in any kind of airport we could imagine.... Wink

PASX>PASP

PASP>CXC

CXC>PACY

PACY>PAMD

PAMD>PAWR

PAWE>PANC

END OF MISSION

***A big thanks to all of you for your support and your ability to always find different comments to add for my trip... Wink Laughing Laughing Laughing

THANK YOU Bow Down Bow Down Bow Down Bow Down Bow Down

....Till next time.... Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain

Congratulations on such a great tour Greekman!!!

I've enjoyed every post and every screenshot - you're an asset to the screenshot forum!

Congratulations again Exclamation

Group Wave

Pro Member Captain
Faucett Captain

GM -

Smashing, smashing, smashing!!!
Cheers! Cheers!
Congratulations on a great trip - I doubt anyone has ever explored so
much of Alaska - the avaitors paradise!

Pro Member Chief Captain

When one looks at the shots you've taken during this inspiring trip, he thinks, "What more can they add to FSX?"...You've done excellent work here GM, and your consistency only makes it better. Thank you for the detailed shots and descriptions of flights. I can't add much more, at the risk of becoming a parrot..after all, its difficult to put into words the vast expanse of your acheivement Wink

Thanks Again!! Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain

Where are you heading next then.....I cant wait Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Thank you my friends.Thank you very much Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Here is a view of the route from FSPax map.Not the best but it gives an idea. Arrow

Pro Member Captain
Faucett Captain

Shocked Shocked Laughing

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Those snowy mountain peaks shrouded in the mist and clouds are poetry in motion.
The have the look and feel of an Ansel Adams photograph.

Thank you for inviting me to come along with you on this amazing journey through one of our most spectacular and most beautiful states.

(After viewing here for a while this will become a prominent sticky in one of our forums, thank you for keeping it all in one thread).

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Thank you too RadarMan. Wink Thumbs Up! Cheers!

Pro Member Captain
Steve (SpiderWings) Captain

Wow .... wow!!! wow!!!

That’s an awesome tour of Alaska GM! Thank you for calling it to my attention. I love the links for the airport maps. Also loved the beautiful scenery and you always superb work with capturing it all on the screen shots and narrative.

Here are some comments I’ve jotted down as I went through your presentation.

You had a number of landings with some good cross winds didn’t you?

And you found another airport in a hole in the ground. Just added that to my list of odd places that I want to visit some day.

Wow… you found some wonderful places that I want to fly to. PAKP is one!

I enjoyed seeing several of your AI aircraft… DC-3’s and even Patty Wagstaff!

Okay… saw that lake up on the tall column… gonna have to go there sometime…. Perhaps the Wilga Amphibian could land on it.

The diversity, and fantastic nature of the scenery is amazing! I’m definitely going to have to do more flying up that way.

I'm making a mental note that some time I might just follow your same route if you wouldn't mind. I don't think of making a presentation, but just to fly over all those beautiful places and perhaps compare notes and experiences with you.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

Umm spider.... August 2006?

Pro Member Captain
Steve (SpiderWings) Captain

belgeode wrote:

Umm spider.... August 2006?

Yes

I may be slow (as I am even now replying to you Bel) but I will usually, eventually get to things I want to have a look at.