Fly Away Simulation

Search for Downloads

Use this form to search for downloads and addons including aircraft, scenery and more.

Search entire site

Use this form to perform a site-wide search for forum posts, news and reviews and videos.

SearchSearch 

***Alaska's Round***

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Liono
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:12 pm 

Looking good as always GM.

Looks like you had some really nice and interesting weather up there in Alaska.

Liono
Greekman72
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:25 pm 

Thanks Liono. Very Happy Indeed...weather conditions makes these flights more interesting.

Thank you all for you nice and kind comments my friends. Bow Down Bow Down Bow Down
Greekman72
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:56 am 

DAY 11.

PAGB>PAUM>PAKP>OBU

PAUM

PAKP

OBU

After a short break for rest and researches from my passengers we take off from PAGB at 1100.
Weather was great but with strong winds and turbulence during the flights to PAUM and also to PAKP.
Fortunately landing to PAUM was an easy job but to PAKP was a difficult one.The most difficult part was to find and approach to the airport because it was located(as PAGB)to a valley surrounding by high mountains covered by overcast.
I had to make a small circle too in order to descend finally a nice with light crosswind landing.
We stay here all the noon and and the afternoon at 1815 we start our flight for OBU.
I had to pass through a career between the high mountains in order to avoid a big circle to around them.Risky movement because i had strong wind but successfully though.As the day ends we notice for first time in this trip the amazing Northern Lights.It was magic. Shocked Exclamation
Some turbulence make my passengers a little nervous but no further problem till our final destination (OBU)for this day.We are going to spend the night here. Wink

PAGB>PAUM

PAUM>PAKP

PAKP>OBU

99jolegg
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:03 am 

Lovely shots - the scenery around that part is amazing. It must make for beautiful flights!

A job well done Thumbs Up!
Click below to support FSF:
pilotwannabe
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:34 am 

Excellent shots as always GM72 Exclamation Exclamation

The mountains look spectacular Shocked
RadarMan
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:44 pm 

It looks so lonely and quiet, all you can hear is the hum of the engines and the wind as it passes through the mountains.
I can lost in those screenshots.

Radar

Greekman72
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:52 pm 

Τhanks for your nice comments my friends.

RadarMan you desribe it so perfect that i can say nothing more...Yes this is the feeling... Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Bow Down
Greekman72
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:00 pm 

DAY 12.

OBU>PASK>PAHS>PAGA>PARY

PASK

PAHS

PAGA
PARY

This day's schedule includes 4 short flights in some of the nicest,pleasant airports and areas i have flown.
The scenery has change from the previous day,and from the high mountains we fly over verdurous valleys with only some high hills to break the flat landscape.
We take off from the pleasant airport of OBU at 0800 with clear weather and light winds.Same weather during our short flight(30 minutes).
PASK is another airport build on sea and the narrow runway makes me nervous until i touch down and stop-fortunately with no problems at all-(i start to get used of such kind of runways.
After one hour we take off for PAHS.Excellent weather conditions and a very nice airport to land.
We stay there until the noon and at 1500 we take of for our next destination PAGA.At the beginning weather was perfect except some short moments of turbulence but 35 miles from PAGA overcast has covered everything.I have to fly only with my instruments and watching the GPS in order to locate the airport.I was nervous and i was afraid to loose the first touch because circling in such a bad weather isn't the best thing.
Finally only 1 mile away far i spot the runway.Having-from luck?- a good position i start landing process.
Everything was great and without problems.Fortunately this was big airport with also big runway which helps to a nice landing despite the bad weather.
Taking off after 1 hour with a better weather. A light wind break the overcast and we take off with a nice weather that lasts until our final destination for this day:PARY.A very nice quite place which will be our relaxing point for this day. Wink

OBU>PASK

PASK>PAHS

PAHS>PAGA

PAGA>PARY

pilotwannabe
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:31 pm 

Stunning screenies GM72 Exclamation Exclamation Shocked

You must've been to a good proportion of Alaskan airports by now.

That's and odd runway in shot #5 Wink

Keep 'em coming Exclamation Exclamation
RadarMan
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:07 pm 

That certainly is a frightening looking runway to navigate, if the fog was in to heavily I would be afraid off falling off.
The fog was lying very low at the other.
Nice shot of the gooney bird, DC-3. Great cargo haulers for that part of the world.

Radar

crosscheck9
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:22 pm 

GM -- you really hit the spot with that collection Clapping -- Absolutely beautiful Wink
Have you ever had that feeling, where everything just seems right, and you have no cares in the world..As if heaven smiled down upon you, and told you everything was going to be ok?

Yea, neither have I
99jolegg
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:21 pm 

What more can I say?

Stunning as always GM Wink
Greekman72
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:12 pm 

As you say...Cheers my friends Cheers! Bow Down
Greekman72
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:03 pm 

DAY 13.

PARY>RMP>WBQ

RMP

WBQ

PARY was a very pleasant place to stay but unfortunately we had to wake up early morning and prepare our trip for our next destination:RMP.
Light winds and clear skies help us to have an easy take-off despite of the small runway and also help us to have a very joyful flight.
Landing to RMP wasn't so easy job cause of the trees very close to runway,making me loose the half of the runway and stop to the limit.No further problems.
We stay here for about 2hours and at 0700 we start our next trip.Overcast has covered the whole area but when i pass 4000F everything was clear and pleasant until our next and final destination for this day WBQ.
WBQ is located to the riverside of Yukon river and except the tress close to the runway(i start get used to it too...)we had no further problems.A nice place to spend the rest of the day. Wink

PARY>RMP

RMP>WBQ

99jolegg
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:05 pm 

I love that last shot Love It looks as if it sums up Alaska nicely Cool
RadarMan
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:12 pm 

The Alaskan scenery is breathtaking, your screenshots and story-line do it justice!

Radar

Greekman72
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:38 pm 

Thanks a lot my friends. Blush
Your kind and nice comments encourage me to continue this long trip.Still 16 waypoints to go.
Untill this moment we have visit 32. Wink
99jolegg
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:09 pm 

Greekman72 wrote:
Your kind and nice comments encourage me to continue this long trip.Still 16 waypoints to go.

Glad to hear it - keep up the fantastic work Thumbs Up!
Greekman72
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:15 pm 

99jolegg wrote:
Greekman72 wrote:

Glad to hear it - keep up the fantastic work Thumbs Up!

Cheers! Very Happy Bow Down
Greekman72
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:59 pm 

DAY 14.

WBQ>CIK>PAEA

CIK

PAEA

This day we have to fly from the WBQ-a very nice place and airport-to CIK and finally to PAEA.
A great weather with light winds and light clouds was promising of beautiful ,sight seeing, flights over valleys,lakes and hills.
We take-off at 1300 without problems and also without problems we land at the airport of CIK after almost 50minutes of relaxing and joyful flight.The airport of CIK was surrounding from hight trees and the landscape was a dream.We also enjoy the second flight of this day to PAEA and we stop here to spend the night.It was an easy day... Wink

WBQ-CIK

CIK>PAEA

crosscheck9
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:18 pm 

GM, your shots are getting better by the flight. Nicely done Wink
Have you ever had that feeling, where everything just seems right, and you have no cares in the world..As if heaven smiled down upon you, and told you everything was going to be ok?

Yea, neither have I
99jolegg
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:20 pm 

Cool That tree addon really brings your shots to life Thumbs Up!
Greekman72
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:37 pm 

Thank you very much my friends Blush Thumbs Up!

Those trees are really a nice add-on thanks to dear RadarMan who spot it to us long time ago. Wink
RadarMan
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:17 pm 

Beautiful day, beautiful scenery, beautiful vibrant colors and the shot of the airstrip from the sky is outstanding!

I applaud you. Clapping

Radar

Greekman72
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:14 pm 

Thanks a lot for your nice comments and your support RadarMan. Wink Very Happy
Greekman72
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:47 pm 

DAY 15.

PAEA>PABI>PAEI>PAML

PABI

PAEI

PAML

A strong rain comes with the start of the 15th day of our trip in the airport of PAEA.
We getting aboard Take -Off at 0800 for our first destination for this day:PABI.
Despite the rain we had no problems during Take-Off.Although i had to be careful as the visibility was very low until we climb to 6500F.I had to be careful of the surrounding mountains.
After the first half of our trip the weather becomes better and we had no problems for the rest of our flight.A nice surprise was that PABI was the first airport since long time with ATC.It was a nice feeling to hear a voice on your radio telling how to approach and where to land...We spend about 2hours here and then we Take-Off for our next destination PAEI.
Flying over the Yukon river with nice weather makes this flight a joyful one.Short and without problems flight and landing in another big airport.
Our next and final destination for this day was PAML.A short field with some overcast make me more careful during the landing process but finally no problems at all.We will rest here and continue tommorow... Wink

PAEA>PABI

PABI>PAEI

PAEI>PAML

crosscheck9
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:54 pm 

Those are some terrific shots you have there GM... The angles are unique, and you scenery is just amazing. What more can I say? Wink

Yea, neither have I
Greekman72
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:57 pm 

No need to say more dear Crosscheck.
The fact the you have the patience to follow me on this trip says them all.

Thanks a lot my friend. Very Happy Thumbs Up!
crosscheck9
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:59 pm 

Greekman72 wrote:
No need to say more dear Crosscheck.
The fact the you have the patience to follow me on this trip says them all.

Thanks a lot my friend. Very Happy Thumbs Up!

It was our pleasure following you on this great trip! Very Happy

Yea, neither have I
99jolegg
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:31 pm 

Stunning shots Greekman - some of those shots are the best on your trip so far - nicely done! Thumbs Up!

Bow Down