SearchSearch 

decent ?

FLYING_OMG Guest

i been flying multiple commercial jetliners ill just say im flying a 727 right now. i noticed when i am trying to make a landing that i am always pointed way to far down and that's the only way i can maintain a decent., while i notice when flying in real life that the pilot is pointed straight on the horizon or even upward, and is decending nicely. my question is how might i go and do this? maintaining a decent wile not having to face down so dangerously. i douse the flaps and even when they were all the way down i still did not decend i only ascended. am i not going slow enough? how many Kts should i need to be going if this is the case? thanks.!

2 Responses

Pro Member First Officer
Faucett First Officer

You've probably got way to much engine power when descending.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

FLYING_OMG wrote:

i been flying multiple commercial jetliners ill just say im flying a 727 right now. i noticed when i am trying to make a landing that i am always pointed way to far down and that's the only way i can maintain a decent., while i notice when flying in real life that the pilot is pointed straight on the horizon or even upward, and is decending nicely. my question is how might i go and do this? maintaining a decent wile not having to face down so dangerously. i douse the flaps and even when they were all the way down i still did not decend i only ascended. am i not going slow enough? how many Kts should i need to be going if this is the case? thanks.!

It sounds as though you have too many degrees of flaps for the speed you are at, so you aren't maintaining lift at lower speeds, but increasing it at higher speeds. You probably lower your flaps at incremental speeds - try lowering those speeds by 10kts and see how you get on. As a ball park figure, Vref for the 727 should be around 130-135kts.

Let us know how you get on 😉