Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

joining a VA

Pro Member Captain
earthqu8kes Captain

im am thinking about joining my first VA. which one should i choose and why. help is greatly appreciated.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Greekman is always right. 😀

Last edited by CrashGordon on Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member First Officer
astraGTE First Officer

CrashGordon wrote:

it is a good airline (shouldn't be saying that while trying to promote my own)

Pro Member Chief Captain

People have to find the one that suits them best. Some folks like regionals, others like heavy iron, others like older classics. And, some people like me like to fly anything and everything. 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

astraGTE wrote:

CrashGordon wrote:

Yours its a very nice too 😉 👍 (link to forums)

Pro Member First Officer
astraGTE First Officer

Greekman72 wrote:

astraGTE wrote:

CrashGordon wrote:

Yours its a very nice too 😉 👍 (link to forums)

thanks alot been working for weeks on it trying to get it right think i'm nearly there now

Pro Member Chief Captain

Consider yourself lucky. After having a foum set up at the firm hosting our site (GoDaddy Software), we were advised that we could benefit by changing hosting plans. I did this, only to find that it completely broke our forums. I yelled at their tech support people. After 5 days, they got it running again, but crippled. When I informed thm that the logins were partially broken and no new pictures could be uploaded to the galleries, it took them a week to respond.

At that time, I made the decison to go with a different host. After working for 3 days to set up the new forum, I discovered that their implementation of the software was broken because they were basically clueless aboout MS SQL servers.

I went to the support forum of the folks who produce the software and found a tread about host services for the software. One got extremely high marks, so I chose them. They instlled the software and it ran flawlessly with only one minor glitch. Their support staff was extremely good, and even offered suggestions to enhance features.

So now I am working on the third version which I intend to complete this weekend,

Pro Member Captain
earthqu8kes Captain

im going to have to rule out Omega Air because i am not 13 im 11 soooo... also im not quite comfortable a larger aircraft. im starting to fly a Cessna titan right now. eventually ill work my way up to being comfortable in bizjets and eventually airliners.

Pro Member First Officer
astraGTE First Officer

earthqu8kes wrote:

im going to have to rule out Omega Air because i am not 13 im 11 soooo... also im not quite comfortable a larger aircraft. im starting to fly a Cessna titan right now. eventually ill work my way up to being comfortable in bizjets and eventually airliners.

at IFLY we do domestic flights (round the uk) and operate light aircraft log onto the forums and register and we can talk more about it, we also offer a training package

Pro Member Chief Captain

earthqu8kes wrote:

I understand. We have to do that because the site is in the US and the way US law is, I could have a problem if someone accidently says a bad word. 🙄

Check-ride Failer Guest

I understand. We have to do that because the site is in the US and the way US law is, I could have a problem if someone accidently says a bad word. 🙄[/quote]

This is why im not a big fan of american politics / law making. 😕 Too bad im stuck here for a few more years.

What other big name VAs are there besides Omega?

Pro Member Chief Captain

We aren't a big name. I just hang out here a lot. 😀

The US law was designed to protect children from adult content. The law makers think the kids don't know more about that stuff than they do.

Once I have tweaked the spam filters and forbidden word filters, I will lift the age restriction. Unlike some, I do not believe in cleaning up messes after they happen. My objective is to keep the messes from happening in the first place. I track the IP of everyone on any forum I administer. The membership confirmation emails I use take all of 10 minutes to get to the member's inboxin open forums, members only forums where I have to verify that the applicant's email address is not a throwaway take a little longer. Anyone who says it can't be done, is not telling the truth.

Every time I see spam posted here, I scan it for new words and prhases to add to my filters, so I have to thank flyaway for allowing so many spam posts to appear here. 🙄

Check-ride Failer Guest

Yeah... really dont want to get on your bad side in a post.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Check-ride Failer wrote:

Yeah... really dont want to get on your bad side in a post.

😂 😉

Alpha Blue Guest

Hey There

We may not be right for you, as we operate Large Aircraft mostly. But check us out. We accept anyone, no matter how experienced, and fly to various destinations.

We have 4 Divisions, so you have plenty of choice, and operate many different types of aircraft, including Cargo Aircraft.

Happy Flying, wherever you choose to fly. 🙂

Pro Member First Officer
BoeingFanatic First Officer

I would say to join Family VA, or Globalstar because they are both great VA's. Even though I have a VA of my own it doesn't seem to be doing very well. By that last sentence I am not trying to play the blame just to let you know.

links: