Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

multiplayer help....... ugh

Tayloru10 Guest

ok.. i put in a ip address that i know works because its on the computer... any ip address and i press search..........NOTHING COMES UP.... i press search about 1000 more times and nothing comes up...please help... to many ...s ... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Sad

Tayloru10 Guest

oh ya... i forgot to mention it never has worked... well once but i dont know why or how it did it... and when it finally did find the server once i cant connect to it cause it says not all players can connect!

Pro Member Trainee
lanfisher Trainee

Tayloru10 wrote:

oh ya... i forgot to mention it never has worked... well once but i dont know why or how it did it... and when it finally did find the server once i cant connect to it cause it says not all players can connect!

Hey there,

I was just trying it too. If you click on "TheZone.com" link at the bottom of the FS 2004 multiplayer window, it takes you to this screen:

http://zone.msn.com/en/general/article/fsimretiring

It basically says that they have retired the "matchmaking" multiplayer capability of FS 2004, and that they are now working on a robust multiplayer experience to be included in their upcoming "Flight Simulator X" program:

http://www.fsinsider.com/articles/FSX_Press_Release.htm

And like you, I found these forums. So good luck finding a game. I'm sure someone will have a server up. And make sure to buy Flight Simulator X when it comes out! It looks like we may all need a new computer to run it. Smile

TaylorU10 Guest

the problem for me isnt that i cant find a server... i know what im doing is right..i hope and right now im Mad at msn for shutting that down

TaylorU10 Guest

my error is : Connection failed! Not all players were able to connect.

Guest Guest

What is the error "Unable to connect to all players"?

This error is displayed by FS2004 when trying to connect to a session. Usually it happens when someone else that's already in the session is using a router and hasn't forwarded the correct ports. When your FS2004 tries to join, it gets a list of all the players currently in the session and tries to connect to them. But when it tries to connect to the player with the bad router, it isn't able to communicate with it, so FS2004 aborts the connection (note that FS2002 would happily connect anyway and just not show that player, but FS2004 now uses newer DirectX functions that return an error in this case, so FS2004 actually isn't able to connect this way anymore). Unfortunately there's not an easy way of figuring out which player is causing the problem, but if you ask everyone if they're using a router, and one of them says they are, and doesn't know about port forwarding, it's a good chance it's him Smile

The person using the router needs to configure it so that certain ports are forwarded to the machine running FS2004. Typically the port is UDP 23456, but you should ask the person hosting the session if they're using the default hosting ports, or something different. If things still aren't working, try also forwarding UDP 6073 and the range of UDP 2300 to 2400, since these are the DirectX "alternate" ports, which are sometimes used when the host is using something other than 23456. Sometimes enabling or disabling UPnP (Universal Plug-n-Play) can help also -- I've received reports from users saying both ways have helped, although I'm not sure why.

TaylorU10 Guest

ya ive read that before i just dont get the physical part in doing it

do u ave 2 type in an ip adress cos if u do plz help cos i wanna play wid other pple

Pro Member Captain
Alec Stelloh (Thunderbirdman2) Captain

well it could be the servers down or not a ip address if you get this problem work this is a good one uf.hopto.org

TaylorU10 Guest

no.. its something with the freaking router