Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

help me with a coursework!

Pro Member First Officer
Mohit (Mc_GaNgStA) First Officer

I am doing a Travel and Tourism Coursework, and I have chosen 4 destinations Cyprus, Milan, Thailand and Mauritius. I need help in finding statistics (up-to-date) for Cyprus/Milan/Thailand/Mauritius for UK visitors, and reasons why UK tourists go to these destinations. In addition to that, can someone please help me find the most popular destinations for UK tourists (statistics that are up-to-date) and the reasons for the trends in the popularity of the destinations. Thanks.
I know this isn't anything flight simulator related but I really need help with it.

Thanks.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Insight wrote:

Found this info

Wink

My thoughts exactly 😉 Plus, it is your coursework which (if you are in the UK) comes with a declaration form declaring that the following work is your own. If its done for you, its not your own work.

😉

Pro Member First Officer

Lol. Yeah, I did use google at least 100 times before posting this question, and several other search engines. The fact that it gives too many irrelevant resources is why I asked.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

I did a google out of curiosity and found the top 10 sites held the statistics you wanted...

Tip: If you type in "p*rn bo*bs marcupial" you won't find what you're looking for Wink

Pro Member First Officer

Yes, it is a coursework indeed but from somewhere I need to get the information. No, I don't live in the UK, and no I'm not asking someone to give me theirs. I need figures so that I can figure out the reasons. How do you expect me to know the actual figures?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

Think about this, would you have been asked to collate this data if it wasn't readily available on the internet or in the public domain? The answer is, no.

Try google.co.uk and search in the UK only for something like "UK tourism statistics"

aka

engage brain

apply thoughts to fingers

use fingers to work keyboard

get off your lazy ass and look for longer than 5 minutes

When you ask something like this on a forum, where do you think everyone else gets their information from? Yep, you guessed it.. google or a similar search engine..

Why can't you do it yourself?

Pro Member First Officer

Yeah, you got a point, and yes I don't try and get all the information in five minutes. I've been with it all morning and tried a lot, but had no luck.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Mc_GaNgStA wrote:

How do you expect me to know the actual figures?

I dont, I expect Google to know though. 😉

Most popular places:

Abroad:
http://www.jet2.com/News.aspx?id=107

In the UK:
http://www.statistics.gov.uk/STATBASE/Expodata/Spreadsheets/D7208.xls

Try here for most UK statistics:

http://www.statistics.gov.uk/

Pro Member First Officer

Thanks, and I finally found the main statistical website for Cyprus. Going to find one for Thailand, Mauritius and Milan.

Pro Member First Officer

Ok, I'm stuck again. Can someone help me find a statistics service of Milan, coz I've tried quite a lot, with several search engines, but had no luck? The kind of information I'm looking for is the tourist arrivals for Milan in 2004/5 and the spending by these tourists, and information like that (the nights stayed for instance).