Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

My PC

Pro Member First Officer
robbier First Officer

hi guys...i was wondering about my computers specifications...

Windows XP Home
Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.80GHz
512 MB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X
64.0 MB Memory

Realtek AC97 Audio

So what do i have to upgrade do you think?

Thanks,
robbier

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

RAM and Graphics card mainly. Vista will use about 1 gig of RAM so you definitely need to upgrade that. Your CPU might be a little on the weak side, but I don't think that FSX would not run just because of your CPU. If you have more, powerful RAM and a better graphics card, then it should be able to run it - I might be wrong though.

Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

Most important is to upgrade your RAM, you will notice a big difference in performance. Not just FS9 but in most applications.

You didn't give us the make of your motherboard. That way we can give some more detailed information.

Download the Belarc Advisor, this will give detailed info about all aspects of your PC.

You can either post a screenshot of what Belarc brings up or you can post the model number of your motherboard. I'll then be able to you what area's you can upgrade and to how much as well.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

99jolegg wrote:

RAM and Graphics card mainly. Vista will use about 1 gig of RAM so you definitely need to upgrade that. Your CPU might be a little on the weak side, but I don't think that FSX would not run just because of your CPU. If you have more, powerful RAM and a better graphics card, then it should be able to run it - I might be wrong though.

Wink

Agree Thumbs Up!

Pro Member Trainee
encarta2006 Trainee

Well, if you can get a new graphics card, and more momory, you're in good shape. Laughing

If you have an AGP slot, get a nVidia AGP GPU.....I saw a GeForce 6200 AGP 8X for $60.00.