Should there be hurricanes or tornadoes?

ACE man Guest

I wonder if the will put in severe weather to make it harder to fly in. Hurricanes on Fs9 were just clouds or some light rain and no wind.Should there be better weather like small storm cells to fly into and fly out the other side of it and produce tornadoes. Like you see on a radar. What do you think?

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest

Hopefully they'll have more realistic weather conditions - normal everyday weather that actually has bumps in it as the temperature gets higher, rain and snow that actually fall out of clouds (Have you tried that short flight in fs9 called "On Approach"? It's got a few clouds here and there and snow falling out of blue sky!), wake turbulence, etc. They say they'll have more realistic thermals which will be a plus. And there's wing vortices so hopefully that means the associated wake turb. Would be thrilling if they actually had tornadoes and stuff like that ie waterspouts, dust devils. I wish they could simulate the effect of the wind on various surfaces so you could "read" the wind conditions off, say, the ripples in a large lake, or the way the trees are blowing, like in real life. But that will probably have to wait. Imagine a ball of St. Elmo's fire rolling from the wingtip into the cabin right in front of you during a thunderstorm!
Anyway we'll just have to wait and see what exciting and not-so-exciting features are in store for us this time!

no! its called flight simulator, not im a stupid pilot whos going to fly in a hurricane and tornado simulator.

hi andrew.

ACE man Guest

This thread is old and why would you reply this no good topic?. Anyway your right I emailed microsoft and there will be no Hurricanes and tornadoes.Just better peaceful weather conditions. Please don't reply it!!! And be a little nicer and say Its no a hurricane and tornado simulator.And I been seeing other mean guests around here advertising and writing mean topics. We need no more of that. I wish this was locked.

ACE man Guest

I mean this thread.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Let me see if I understand you correctly. You started a thread wondering if there would be hurricanes and tornadoes in FSX. Someone else pointed out that it was flight simulator and not I'm a stupid pilot who's going to fly in a hurricane or tonado simulator. You then wanted the thread to be locked.

I am going to assume that you are aware that in the real world, only the USAF routinely flies into hurricanes and that no one flies anywhere near a tornado. If that is the case, why would MS include conditions where no one would fly in FS? Why would you want a thread locked because someone pointed out a very obvious fact?

ACE man Guest

Sorry Andrew is right. They said the will not have this kind of weather anyway. I know its a dumb thing to wan't. I did not mean hurricanes and tornadoes blocking the whole world. Dust devils once in a while in the desert is fine and not happing everywere around the world. Any way I don't think hurricanes, tornadoes, Dust devils, Waterspouts will be in FSX. So just don't worry about it will not happen even MS said.This thread is pointless thats all.

Sorry about all of this.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

No need to apologize. While hurricanes might be impractical because they'd make to large an area unavailable for flying, but tornadoes that forced you to fly around them or find an alternate airport to land at, might not be a bad idea after all. Yes, there would be some fools who wanted to fly through them just to see what would happen, but those are the same morons who want more spectacular crash effects.

Had you asked if it was a good idea to have random extreme weather effects that required you to fly around them or find an alternate destination, I would have said, absolutely. It would be an interesting challenge...and realistic, as well. 😉

Pro Member Trainee
James Charles (spudkiss) Trainee

even though, that in real life people wouldnt intentionally fly into a hurricane or toranado but the fact is what if... you are in middle of the ocean turning back is not an option, due to fuel or what ever or flying for SAR. wouldnt you wanna know what its like to fly in weather that feels like hurricanes not some major thunderstorm in the middle of a ocean or you a pilot and your hobby is flying near tornadoes to take reading for some major weather network (note🙂 i dont mean flying through the tornado but at some distance i would love to see a tornado form at a safe distance with a heli or landing at an international airport where theres a tornado forming near the airport or in the city. us some imagination. dont have to put somebody down just because they wanna see something different like me i live in canada far north i dont know what its like to see either or feel either types of turbalance in real life or sim.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...