Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Okay.. I am sold

Pro Member Captain
Ryan Finn (pilotguy44) Captain

i've read enough.. i'm sold on FSX, even if I need to go across the country to get it Laughing

here's the info I have gathered up to this point..

default FSX aircraft will include these aircraft:

Cessna 172 Skyhawk
Cessna 182 Skylane
Cessna 208 Caravan
Cessna 208 Caravan amphibian
Beechcraft King Air 350
Mooney Bravo
Boeing 737-800
Boeing 747-400
Boeing 777-300
Airbus A321
Learjet 45
Bombardier CRJ-700
Schleider ASK-21 (sailplane)
Air Creations "Air Trike" (ultralight)
Grumman Goose
Maule MX-7
Beechcraft Baron 58
Robinson R-22 Beta (helicopter)
Bell 206 JetRanger (helicopter)
Extra 300
Piper J-3 Cub
De Havilland DHC-2 Beaver

I have listed 22 here, but Microsoft tells us there are 24.
I have searched endlessly and cannot find these two "ghost planes" Laughing
...I know the above 22 are definitely in the game however Wink

Also new features include:

- moving airport vehicles and jetways
- airliner wing views
- new satelite images of earth, providing extremely accurate scenery everywhere on the planet
- new dynamics in rain and snow (slippery ground)
- the ability to play the game from the control tower as the ATC Shocked
- the ability to play mission-based levels (such as air races or emergencies)
- the ability to fly as a co-pilot
- wildlife around the world (everything from birds to deer)
- the ability to have a pilot career (working for an airline, with very realistically simulated flights, cabin anouncements, etc..)

...i think the guys at microsoft have outdone themselves here..

and i'm saying this after just seeing the screenshots and reading the test reviews.

this is going to be one kick-ass game!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
Karlw Chief Captain

That it as soon as i see what it need im getiing it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope you don't mind that I made a small edit to your "!" marks, we had to scroll sideways about the length of three football fields. Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

- new satelite images of earth, providing extremely accurate scenery everywhere on the planet

I was talking to SamIntel about that and we figured that it would take alot of memory to store something like satelite images of the whole planet.

Pro Member Captain
vlad (tiger7881) Captain

OOOO HHHH yea !!!, cant wait, u know i tihnk i am sold on thi game too !!!!!!!!!!!! Shocked Very Happy Exclamation

You had a few mistakes in the aircraft list:

Cessna 172 Skyhawk
Cessna 208 Caravan
Beechcraft King Air 350
Mooney Bravo
Boeing 737-800
Boeing 747-400
Airbus A321
Learjet 45
Bombardier CRJ-700
Grumman Goose
Maule M-7
Beechcraft Baron 58
Extra 300
Piper J-3 Cub

plus the DG-808 sailplane

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

You had a few mistakes in the aircraft list:

Cessna 172 Skyhawk
Cessna 208 Caravan
Beechcraft King Air 350
Mooney Bravo
Boeing 737-800
Boeing 747-400
Airbus A321
Learjet 45
Bombardier CRJ-700
Grumman Goose
Maule M-7
Beechcraft Baron 58
Extra 300
Piper J-3 Cub

plus the DG-808 sailplane

No DC-3, forget it! MS-> Hit with Chair <-Me

Radar

WantFSX Guest

Hey guys, I just got back from Oshkosh and played FSX, its great!! It did crash a few times but it is the beta version.....Great Graphics, water is not what it looks like in the screen shots(even on ultra high detail) but I expect it to look like that in the final release...btw, the DC-3 is in the game....no grand caravan on floats Sad One thing that is really cool is the amount of textures they included with each plane!! Its going to be great! The Microsoft Rep. said that when they were going to redo fsinsider.com and that the minimum hardware was going to be a 1.00 ghz CPU

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

WantFSX wrote:

Hey guys, I just got back from Oshkosh and played FSX, its great!! It did crash a few times but it is the beta version.....Great Graphics, water is not what it looks like in the screen shots(even on ultra high detail) but I expect it to look like that in the final release...btw, the DC-3 is in the game....no grand caravan on floats Sad One thing that is really cool is the amount of textures they included with each plane!! Its going to be great! The Microsoft Rep. said that when they were going to redo fsinsider.com and that the minimum hardware was going to be a 1.00 ghz CPU

Thanks for the new news, and the DC-3 news!

Radar

WantFSX wrote:

I kinda thought it would only need 1.00 ghz.. I was tryin to figure out the requirments for FSX by comparing the requirments from FS98-FS04 and it seems like it doubles with each sim coming out. If this is true then FSX will probably only need 256MB system ram as a minimum.

WantFSX Guest

One more thing.....they were running pentium D 3.0 ghz proccessors and then some hyper thread P4 proccessors with a ATI 1900(i think that was the card). One thing that I noticed when I snuck my way into the properties of the fsx computer was that above the Pentium D 3.0 Ghz it said 6.00 Ghz Pentium. I'm not sure what this was......maybe its just combining the cores??? Maybe the computers were in liquid nitrogen in the locked up metal cases!? Who knows.... Laughing Flying at night was great and the cars and boats were very cool. It was a shame that the joysticks they had didnt have a twist handle rudder Crying or Very sad

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

What brand joysticks were they using.

The graphics should be much better after Vista comes out with DirectX 10 and the cards come out optimized for that also.

Radar

Pro Member Captain
Alec Stelloh (Thunderbirdman2) Captain

This is gonna be awsome im gonna be the first one in line at a store or tommarow ill prebuy it its gonna be great im gettin a new comp and bosting it up ive been saving ever since i heard ill be all jucied up the good thing is ill take all the stuff i dont need on the comp and delete it no internet and ill use this comp for that stuff i mean is that awsome or what at least to me!!! sorry im hyper just had a party lol

Hey I can't wait to fly passenger routes! I wonder if we can use Vatsim or is this gonna put them out of business? lol.

Hey about that ATC. We get to be the ATC!???

CtrlAltDlt Guest

From what I understand, the ATC role is only available in multiplayer gameplay. I don't think that MS is in the business of producing ATC simulators, at least not yet. And supposedly the VoIP interface is just a basic feature that supposedly will not replace VATSIM - supposedly. But then again, what do I know? Whistle

Pro Member Captain
Alec Stelloh (Thunderbirdman2) Captain

That would be good to make an atc simulator

Pro Member First Officer
spitfiresrule First Officer

They have a A321 in it Question Question Question are you sure if so thats pretty cool but they dont have any european acft in any of the other ones.....