SearchSearch 

PMDG help!

I start my flight.. i set up the overhead panel and start engines etc. I set up the FMC and the set up the mcp. It doesnt let me click on autothrottle so i have to do the whole flight on manual throttle. I fly the PMDG 737-700.

8 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Is this the first time you fly this craft since you install it?If not and your AT works in past,try to restart your flight.

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

The problem is common with the PMDG...check you engine generators are switched to the right setting 😉

They can be found on the overhead 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

When you start up your flight in the PMDG, the first and important thing to do is click the yellow Master Caution button.

This is a bug in the PMDG 737, you should now be able to set yout autothrottle.

thanks, i will give this a go. Its very annoying when you have to manually use the throttle when flying and during takeoff it uses pitch to control speed. 😕

sorry, your theory didnt work 😕 .

What i exactly do is start from a 'dark and cold' cockpit which i saved from last week. I start by doing all the overhead functions APU etc.

Once i have started APU etc i set up the FMC and MCP, at this time, the auto throttle works and is on. I set up FMC..fine.

I now start engines, turn off APU bleed and main APU switch and turn on all the fuel pumps, window heat etc. Auto throttle is still on!! 🙂

I now click back onto the main panel and begin to taxi away, its now when the auto throttle disconnects and wont re-connect at all right through the flight Evil or Very Mad

Can anyone suggest any other reasons why this is happening and how it can be overcome? many thanks 😉

Can somebody please help?? 😕 😕 ❓ ❓

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

Check on the overhead Panel that your YAW_Damper is in the "ON" position... occasionally it itself to OFF... hence problem with arming A/T.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Or un-install the craft and re-install it 😉