Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

how do i check tempretures

meylan Guest

hi , if its possible how do i check the tempreture of my cpu and graphics card ,also is there a short history of tempretures reached . i have xp sp2

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Have a look at this thread by tomthetank:

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/3157/cpu-temperature/

😉

meylan Guest

cheers , looks like i need to add another fan

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If you have an Intel P-4 this is what I use.

http://www.intel.com/design/motherbd/active.htm

Check this one to see if your board supports it.

http://mbm.livewiredev.com/

Radar

meylan Guest

thanks radarman ive installed the second one you suggested but i have a little question if i may . the programme is saying that my case is 58c and my cpu 39c ,does this sound right or is it the opposite .

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Its ok.I run this program too.I also run FS this moment and i have 56-38.

meylan Guest

ok thanks 🙂

well i have a problem , even though mother board monitor 5 says the cpu is 38c and the case is 58c im inclined to believe its the other way round . whilst running fs9 the case(which i beleive is really the cpu ) reached around 63c then the sim crashed . any thoughts 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Clean out all the fans and the heatsink, if need be put a case fan on the rear grid of the case to push out hot air.

Best thing, another in the front to bring in cool air, but you should have both, not just the front one.
They are only about $20 each.

Radar

meylan Guest

yeh just confirmed in the bios that the higher tempreture is the cpu tempreture . i have the cpu fan and another fan at the rear blowing out hot air . do i take the cpu fan off the heat sink to clean them or not and what should i use to clean them . 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
meylan Guest

if i run fs9 with one side of the case open max cpu temp is 55c so i going to add an exhaust fan at the rear to see if this solves it .
hopefully its a case of bad case cooling so i dont have to fiddle with the heatsink and cpu 🙂 ill post in a couple of days when ive fitted a fan . thanks

meylan Guest

ok , ive fitted an 8cm fan at the rear and with the case closed and the pc at idle the cpu tempreture is 53c , thats a 5c decrease . the thing is i can hardley feel the fan blowing out hot air unlike the fan on the back of the power supply which i can easily feel. is this normal . 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

meylan wrote:

ok , ive fitted an 8cm fan at the rear and with the case closed and the pc at idle the cpu tempreture is 53c , thats a 5c decrease . the thing is i can hardley feel the fan blowing out hot air unlike the fan on the back of the power supply which i can easily feel. is this normal . 🙂

As long as you know it's blowing out it's ok, the fans aren't as strong as p/s fans.
5 is very good.

Radar

meylan Guest

ok , thanks for the comfirmation radarman 🙂