PMGD 747 ils approaches

Pro Member Trainee
calum Trainee

Hi Guys,

I don't know how to use the FMC, but on all other planes I enter the runway ils codes on the NAV radio and fly a precision approach that way.

I cant seem to to work out how to do that on the PMGD 747. Could someone who uses this plane please enlighten me.

Thanks

Calum

Answers 13 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

In terms of inputting the NAV freq. you have to do it via the NAV RAD page of the FMC I think...and you can also input the CRS that way as well 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Calum,

I'd suggest you read through the documentation here and learn how to use the FMC - its the only way. You need to learn how to enter your destination airport and runway number into the FMC:

(dead link removed)

😉

Pro Member Trainee
calum Trainee

Thanks guys. I thought that would be the answer, because I'd tried everything else.

Calum

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

LOL, I love when people that are very new to flying buy one of the hardest payware addon's you can buy.

Pro Member Trainee
calum Trainee

Solotwo,

It doesn't seem that big a jump to me. I need to learn how to use the fmc. In any field of life the way you learn is to try something new that is harder for you at first, than what you are currently doing.

If I have done 50 ils approaches without using the fmc, then now may be a good time to learn how to use it.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

You don't really need the FMC to do ILS. You just have to put in the frequencies and do everything else to setup for approach.

Pro Member Trainee
calum Trainee

Great,

Where / how do you put them in on the PMGD 747, because I can't seem to get those radio frequencies entered.

On the PMGD 737 I simply put them in the NAV radio and it works fine.

Either you can't do it on the 747, or there is a swith / button I am missing that then lets you tune those frequencies.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Read the manual.

Pro Member Trainee
calum Trainee

yeh, very good. No **** sherlock! Do you actually use this plane or do you just like opinionating on what you do not know?

Believe it or not, the first place I would look is the manual. If I don't see the answer there then I would post on here. Up until your interjections, I have found this forum very helpful.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

I fly quite a few extremely advanced planes and I learned how to fly all of them by myself by reading the manuals. Not trying to be a dick but you should make some efford to solve your own problems rather then putting the burden on everyone else.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Solotwo wrote:

I fly quite a few extremely advanced planes and I learned how to fly all of them by myself by reading the manuals. Not trying to be a dick but you should make some efford to solve your own problems rather then putting the burden on everyone else.

Its hardly a burden and if somebody finds it that much of a burden, then failing to answer is their prerogative 😉

Pro Member Trainee
calum Trainee

Thank you Jon!

Pro Member Site Admin
Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) Site Admin

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...