Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Add-on recommendation: Eurowings Pro (Commuter Airliners)

Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

Hi,

Just picked up my first commercial add-on for FS2004 yesterday so thought it may be useful for some of the newer PC Pilots (like myself), to say a little about it.

It's called "COMMUTER AIRLINERS - EUROWINGS PROFESSIONAL" and it is a great addition to the stock planes and airports in FS2004... The add-on will mainly appeal to those who are into Passenger Services. You get 3 Airplane derivatives, but a lot of versions of each and some great paint jobs and liveries. You get the ATR 42 and ATR 72 which are twin engined Propellor Airplanes, which seat around 48. The handling of these planes is so different compared to standard Passengers planes in FS2004, they climb at a much lower climb angle, and I have found (it's only day one), that they are a challenge to land as they don't particularly descend fast when the throttle is cut.... This plane also brings in the added control of Prop RPM %, which needs to be set, as well as Throttle! You get some GREAT touches with this, such as when you request 'Push Back' (Done inside the cabin through a dedicated button on this plane), a Vehicle appears to perform the pushback!! Also, when you open the doors, some little cones appear around the Props - nice touch... Other planes are BAe 146 which I haven't tried yet and also the Airbus A319 and A320... The Airbus is FAB, all of the fly-by-wire capability is there and there are some great flight systems to be learned, which will be new to those who have only flown standard FS2004 planes... The Autopilot is quite different to what 737 fans will be used to but when you read the manual and understand it, you realised it's far more advanced. YOU ALSO GET A FIRST OFFICER IN ALL OF THESE PLANES.. He will call "70 Kts" during take-off run and a host of other announcements during the flight - really nice touch... As well as ALL this, you also get 6 Airport Upgrades, whic are really nicely done.... The great thing about this (for people who don't have mega powerful PCs), is that MOST of the Planes work well even on low RAM..... The only exception is the A319 / A320 which is really jumpy with the stupidly low RAM that I'm currently running on.... If you add the EASYJET livery it becomes unbearable and the screen takes 30 seconds to build EVERY time you change to the outside (spot) view ! This is due to my PC though, not the software.... At £19.99 this add-on has given me loads of additional value within FS2004, new Airports, a total of 8 new planes (Jets and props), oh and you also get a FLIGHT LOAD tool that let's you choose where the passengers sit on a flight, affecting the weight and perlformance of the plane! Great value, and recommended for new as well as experianced PC Pilots !!

If any experianced users are reading this, could you give me a 10 point list on how to Autoland the A319 / A320 in this pack using ILS / 2xAutopilots / Approach ?? Really straightforward though please - you're dealing with a 'VFR Only' Pilot at present, who hasn't yet used IFR, ILS, or Localizers !!

6 Responses

Pro Member Site Admin
Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) Site Admin
Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

Hi,

Just wanted to add that I've now checked out the BAe 146 ands it is a great little jet. Excellent manouvrebility (god, that's hard to spell right!), great Cockpit and controls... Also, this plane runs far better than the A320 if you're running with a PC that has low RAM...

I would have to say that the BAe 146 and the Propellor driven ATR series within this pack are amongst my favourite planes in FS2004 to date... The A320 would be great if I had bigger RAM... and if I could work the Altitude and Navigation settings within the A/P (Can't get either working due to dodgy, little buttons that don't show which type of mode you are in!).....

Any help on the A320 / 319 AutoPilot would be greatly appreciated !

helpful Guest

If you ever want to use the word again - cut and paste it from
here ➡ manouevrability
😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

helpful wrote:

If you ever want to use the word again - cut and paste it from
here ➡ manouevrability
😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀

🙄 maneuverability Nope Read

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
pancho54 Trainee

I HAVE IT AND IS QUITE EASY, BUT NOT AUTOLAND BUT CLOSE TO IT

HERE WE GO

1.OPEN UP THE POWER LEVER QUADRANT AND SELECT THE ILS FREQUENCY ON YOU N1 RADIO(TOP LEFT
2 GO BACK TO YOUR 2D PANEL- AND PRESS LOC BUTTON AND SELECT THE ILS HEADING FOR YOUR RUNWAY AND THEN GO BACK TO HDG MODE
3. PUSH ON ILS ON THE PANEL.YOU WILL GET MAGENTA ILS-GS AND LOCALIZER ON YOUR PFD AND MFD
4WHEN YOU INTERCEPT THE LOC(WITH 30 DEGREES OR LESS) I ALWAYS HELP A LITTLE IN THE HEADING MODE FOR SMOOTHER CAPTURE, PUSH ON THE LOC ON THE PANEL
5. WHEN ESTABLISHED ON THE LOC-WAIT FOR THE GS TO COME TO THE INTERCEPT CROSS AND THE JUST PUSH THE APPR AND YOU CAN SELECT YOU SECOND AUTO PILOT-IT WILL SHOW ON PFD AS 1AP2
I NORMALLY DISCONNECT THE AUTOTHROTTLE AND THE AUTO PILOT AT THE MINIMUMS BUT BEWARE , THERE IS A SLIGHT TENDENCY TO PITCH UP, APRT FROM THAT, GOOD LANDINGS

Pro Member Trainee
suntor Trainee

It really is fun Enjoy it. The AP is not like the default planes. You cant just dial in an altitutde and send it there. Go to the altitud manually and let it run from there.

If you want some real fun try landing at London City in the ATR and the 146. It takes a bit of practice but it is great.

Took a trip in a real ATR recently and watched very closely how the engines were used on landing. Reverse prop it brilliant.

Be careful not to apply brakes and reverse prop for too long at the same time on the landing roll out or you will get the ATR on it's tail.

Reverse prop is good for reverins in tight small airports if you dont want to use pushback.

The Airbus fleet - bear in mind my previous post about my big problems there - is just superb.

Try getting the 319 down at Plymouth UK at night with a decent payload. A real challenge and one I doubt has been done for real.

You might find the trim on the ATR a bit odd - nose high and a bit prone to stall. Getting that right is trial and error really but once sorted it is great.

The Airbus has a tendencey to auto select Auto Throttle on my prog. This has caused some rather unpleasant crashes.

But bearing that in mind you can have some great fun. If you have enhanced terrain for Gibraltar, try a night time landing there in a 320. Again something I experienced as a PAX for real. It was fun and one of those must do landings that you make a note of for when you come home.

But bear in mind my problem with the program. It has all gone very wrong for the Airbus. I have lost the push back tug on all the aircraft and little things like the cones and APU truck have all vanished. This despite a full reinsall of FS and the add on.

The Aerosoft website wont take individual email on problems.

Suntor.