Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

You know what I hate :x

Pro Member Chief Captain
Karlw Chief Captain

I hate when your just a few feet from touchdown and the trees are too close to the runway and you crash right into them it is so anying there must be a fix out there if so please post a link thanks

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

The average tree in FS is scaled less that 50 ft. You should be able to fly over them and still land.

Osama_bin_Aljadeen Guest

Actually there is a fix - it's called "improve your landings". Laughing

Fly higher. Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
Kareem El-Sadi (crosscheck9) Chief Captain

I've never heard of that happening before. Try to fly the glideslope a little more accurately, or if your coming in for a visual, anticipate the tree's location, and overfly the runway just a bit. Work on the approach and it should work out well every time Wink

Pro Member Trainee
wscott52 Trainee

Karlw wrote:

I hate when your just a few feet from touchdown and the trees are too close to the runway and you crash right into them it is so anying there must be a fix out there if so please post a link thanks

Yah, the fix is called fly over the tree and then land. Just out of curiosity where are you landing that this is a problem? And what are you landing in? I have not noticed trees being a problem at any of the major airports.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Karlw Chief Captain

No its not at any major airports just at small landing fields if i fly in any lower ill be forced to make a VERY hard landing

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Karlw wrote:

No its not at any major airports just at small landing fields if i fly in any lower ill be forced to make a VERY hard landing

I think you got that backwards. If you come in lower you hit the trees. If you come in higher, setting down on the runway takes a bit more skill. But remember, you don't have to set it down right at the numbers. You can use a bit more distance so you don't have to come dowm too rapidly.

Pro Member Trainee
wscott52 Trainee

Karlw wrote:

If it's a small GA aircraft I'd come over the trees just above stall speed with full flaps and anything else that will create drag and then dive for the runway. Of course you want to flare before you hit. I'd still like to know where and what you're flying so I can try it.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

Check the learning center and make sure that your plane can land on the runway (with 50ft. obstacle) And fly over the trees as slow as you can without stalling.

theguru320 Guest

Most runways that have obstructions close to them have "displaced threshold" areas... you know, the parts of the runway that have arrows leading up to where the runway "actually" starts. You're not supposed to land on these sections, and that helps clear any nearby obstructions.

If they don't have displaced thresholds, then you theoretically should be able to land safely without hitting anything.

Pro Member Captain
Alec Stelloh (Thunderbirdman2) Captain

Also you dont land on the edge of the runway usally ull see black marks like rubber on the runway thats where the wheels should first touch