Pro Member Captain
PanAmerican Captain

This plane is still in the testing stages. It is a Boeing 738:

Pro Member Captain
Alec Stelloh (Thunderbirdman2) Captain

Looks Good

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Nice design job and logo. Can you make the colors a little more vivid (the blue) and add a dynamic shine.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Very nice Thumbs Up!

I agree with RadarMan about the colours Cool

Pro Member Captain
Dave Copeland (davec) Captain

I am rather surprised at your 'NEW' Family Air livery - have you forgotten that I repainted, sometime in 2005, a Boeing and Airbus for you in a remarkably similar livery.

These might jog your memory -

These were screenshots which I send to you in the developing repaints before we finalised your requirements . The normal term for this is plagiarism!! (look it up in a dictionary)

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

It looks quite a bit better and different then yours, so I wouldn't go as far as calling it plagiarism. If you wanna go that far you did the same to the original Family airlines.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

As far as I know, Family Airlines stopped business and didn't reinstate their copyright over the name, nor the logo, so is not plagiarism of the original airline.

And even if it isn't plagiarism of DaveC's work, then it is a breach of common courtesy.

Pro Member Captain

Solotwo wrote:

It looks quite a bit better and different then yours, so I wouldn't go as far as calling it plagiarism. If you wanna go that far you did the same to the original Family airlines.

In the first instance when I accepted the paint job for Panamerican , I ensured that there was no copyright left over from the original airline ( as 99jolegg states). It is my respect of copyright which makes me refuse to paint current airline liveries and makes your last sentence insulting. Very few responsible painters will breach the copyrights placed on airline aircraft without permission.
For your information the official Fam Air liveries were not in the least similar to the livery I designed. The paint of Panamerican may be better but the difference is minimal and certainly not enough to call it a 'new' livery. Only Panamerican knows where he got the ideas, logo's and design from.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Perhaps if his looked just like yours then you'd be in a position to complain, but even if it was I don't understand why you care. Get off your high horse. I don't believe you got it copyrighted.

Pro Member Captain

Solotwo wrote:

Perhaps if his looked just like yours then you'd be in a position to complain, but even if it was I don't understand why you care. Get off your high horse. I don't believe you got it copyrighted.

Since I have not shown a screenshot of the finished article I repainted for PanAmerican - these above are only shots taken in the development of the repaint - how can you compare them?
No, I don't have them copyrighted and make no claim that they are - there is an uwritten law among repainters that should you want to use some of their work, you at least ask them - that's what 99jolegg was referring to when he made the remark in regard to "common courtesy" but your lack of understanding of why I care indicates that you also, do not understand the ethics of the repainting community.
Sad to say I do not have a 'high horse' to get down from, can't afford one - I conduct my repainting work and any correspondence with good manners and courtesy.

Pro Member Captain
PanAmerican Captain

I got permission from the CEO of Family Airlines before I even started the Family VA. I even asked him if he would allow Clayton & Dave to use the Family Airlines logo and paint scheme. He agreed. The logo on the 738 is from the original Family Airlines. The paint job is mine.

Also, davec, after you painted the 734, I asked if you could repaint an A319. You did that, but you said that you quit and would not send me the paint job. I tried e-mailing you but you ignored me. You have no right in saying that I copied your paint scheme's.

Pro Member Captain

PanAmerican wrote:

Also, davec, after you painted the 734, I asked if you could repaint an A319. You did that, but you said that you quit and would not send me the paint job. I tried e-mailing you but you ignored me. You have no right in saying that I copied your paint scheme's.

Hi Nick,
Sorry for the late response but I do need my beauty sleep.
Firstly my records show that the last email received from you was 14.2.2006 0231 and I answered same on 14.2.2006 1130.
These and other emails were in regard to the distribution of the repaints - I advised you that I had uploaded the A319 textures to YOUSENDIT and were awaiting download. You had requested that they be uploaded to Avsim, which I declined to do and advised you that you did not have my permission to upload to Avsim. I stated then that I thought I had fulfilled all my obligation to you.
I went into hospital at the beginning of March 2006 for a period of 5 weeks. I have had no further emails from you.

All this matter has been clouded by the intervention of your friend and supporter Solotwo and if you had contacted me and advised that you were doing a repaint, I would have offered my help and still do.
I know how how hard you have worked to establish the Family Air VA and applaud your efforts. If you run into snags in your repaint effort then my offer of help still holds good.
Best Regards
Dave C

Pro Member Captain
PanAmerican Captain

Dave,

I went and checked my inbox and saved e-mails and found no trace of the message saying that it was on yousendit. So, lets just put this mess behind us. Agreed?

-Nick