Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Around the World in a CRJ-900! Leg 38!

Pro Member Captain
Canyon (NoWorries) Captain

I have been pressed for time today, couldn't figure out how to make the 5-hour flight to Phoenix work, but I wanted to get some progress made, so we did the short hop to New Orleans.

Take-off from runway 36 at Orlando with a Pacifica 737 departing runway 35R. I've heard of parallel approaches...but parrallel departures? Not so safe!

The Pacifica also asked clearance to New Orleans...I bet this won't be the last we see of him!

ATC tried to put us together, but I dove(or more accurately stopped ascending) and we missed by a few feet:

Mississippi River Delta

Cloud Surfing over the Delta

VC

Mississippi River

Fly Straight in, runway 10

I was waiting for the landing clearance...with default ATC, sometimes it doesn't come until I'm almost on the runway...instead..."Pacifica, Cleared to Land Runway 10!" EEEEEK! Where is he? There he is!

New Orleans Mosque, what the heck?

Executing the Go Around

Ahhhh!

Lake Ponchetrain...I just wanted to show off my water textures and say how much I love them! The bridge across Ponchetrain is missing in my scenery...

Superdome

Crosswind...New Orleans has a runway facing that direction...I wonder why they didn't give it to me?

I love the Big Chicken Restaurant!

I am hoping to be in Las Vegas by the 11th at the latest...it may be as soon as tonight, depending on how my schedule plays out.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Great shots Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Excellent angles and nice catching Thumbs Up!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Great shots - I like those landing / go around shots Cool

Pro Member Chief Captain
Kareem El-Sadi (crosscheck9) Chief Captain

Nice shots! Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

The scenery gives new life to those great screenshots and running along that AI is the best thing I've seen in a long time.
You never lost him!

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
BoeingFanatic First Officer

Nice shots along with the angles. Clapping

Pro Member Captain
Canyon (NoWorries) Captain

Thanks for the replies. Smile I was lucky to catch that 737 alongside of me, it made for some interesting screenshots on a not very interesting leg!

I found the time to fly from New Orleans to Phoenix, and had a pretty good flight. Had a hickup on the runway during the landing roll-out, and thought I was going to lose it, the plane started jumping up and down, really freaked me out after a perfect flight and I nailed the arrival time on the dot(actually 3 minutes late after the taxi to the gate, due to departure airport traffic). Fortunately it smoothed out!

I've been messing with my stupid contrails, I finally think I've got it, I found a random contrail file in the effects file, I think somehow it might have been confusing the programming. Now I just have a poof behind the plane, looks like a Navy plane close to the ocean with the humidity...At least it's not just a solid white line anymore.

Nothing better than holding up 150 people for your joyride in a Cessna...there is a reason New Orleans has GA airports and an International Airport that are seperate!

Planespotting

Bridge over the Mississippi...I forgot to set altitude when I setup the autopilot for departure. It is a terrifying feeling when the plane levels out at 50 feet AGL! Not to mention that the autopilot locks out control inputs! Got it sorted out, but the low altitude got me a ding for flaps!

Banking away from downtown, the Superdome, and the French Quarter:

Navy effects:

Again, everybody mistakes it with crossing Mach 1...it's really just cooling the air, and the water condenses. If it were a Mach wave, it would be coming off of the nose!

Chase Ballpark

Phoenix SkyHarbor, my home airport:

I-17 is represented!

The temperature must be nuts...the tires melted into the runway...or did I forget to release the parking brake?

At the gates:

Tomorrow should be the grand homecoming!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Kareem El-Sadi (crosscheck9) Chief Captain

Lookin forward to it Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

Very nice shots Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Lovely shots Thumbs Up!