Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

A quick and easy way to put aircraft onto your flightsim

robbier Guest

Here is a quick and easy way to put aircraft onto your flightsim:

1:)download your aircraft(make sure it is a full aircraft file, not just a texture file)

2:)open your aircraft folder(wherever you chose for the file to be when you downloaded it, is where the file will be. open it)

3:)in the top left corner, you will see a words saying "extract all files". click on it.

4Smilea dialog box will appear. click "browse"

5:)now click "my computer"

6:)click on whatever drive you installed your flightsim game on(probabally the "C" drive for windows computers)

7:)click "program files"(you may have to scroll down to see "program files")

8:)then click "microsoft games"(again, you may have to scroll down)

9:)click "FS2002" or "Flight Simulator 9"(whatever version of FS your game is...Flight Simulator 9=FS2004)

10:)click "aircraft"(again, you may have to scroll down)

11:)click "OK" in the bottom right of the box(or whatever it says that means "OK")

12:)now, you should be back to the extraction wizard box(the box that opened when you clicked "extract all")

13:)at the top it should say "C:/Program Files/Microsoft Games/Flight Simulator 9/Aircraft"

14:)if it says it in the top, then click "extract" at the bottom right of the dialog box

15:)after it is done extracting, then click "finish"

16:)Go Fly!!!!

NOTE:This should work...I am sorry if it doesn't work(this is how i usually do it)

robbier Guest

dont mind the smiley face next to step #4. it was un-necessary. sorry

Pro Member First Officer
leadfoot First Officer

That is how I do it also. It works about half the time though. When I do have trouble, it involves the panel usually. On the last dnld, I wound up having to copy and paste each and every one of about thirty files into the guages folder in order to have the panel show up right.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

leadfoot,
Instead of putting the gauges in one at a time, click on/ "edit"/"select all"/ this will highlight all the gauges and you can drag and drop them all in one move.

Radar