Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

British Airways ***-BOS

Pro Member Trainee
Flyguy41983 Trainee

Everyday at 12:55 (now) and at 7:15 a British Airways 747 comes over my house (when using runways 22R/L) I live very close to the airport and the plane comes screeching over my house. My question is where is this plane coming from. Ive been curious to find out. My guess is LHR, but im not certain. I have also yet to see the 777 come over my house. Have BA substituted the 777 for the 747. Any thoughts and comments.
Thanx,
Brandon

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

If its a 747 then it is coming from LHR. I'm not sure if they have switched the service to a 747 pemanently, they may have done so just for the summer schedules.

Pro Member Trainee
Flyguy41983 Trainee

Thats true I have never thought of that
Thank You

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

pilotwannabe wrote:

If its a 747 then it is coming from LHR. I'm not sure if they have switched the service to a 747 pemanently, they may have done so just for the summer schedules.

Yes, it probably is Heathrow, but could be Gatwick.

BA often operate a 777 / 747 to most large states in the USA everyday from Heathrow or Gatwick. Normally, when the route isn't as popular, i.e. Winter, Autumn, then a 777 will be used, so as PW says, the summer schedule will determine whether they use a 777 or 747.
😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

I thought BA have all their 747's based at LHR now...soemthing about making the most of their limited LHR slots Dont Know

I stand to be prooved wrong...which I know you will probably do Jon 😉 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain

pilotwannabe wrote:

I thought BA have all their 747's based at LHR now...soemthing about making the most of their limited LHR slots Dont Know

I stand to be prooved wrong...which I know you will probably do Jon 😉 😂

I didn't know that - I know they used to operate from Gatwick but could have changed as you say.

😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

Yeh I think they decided to turn LGW into a 777 hub...the last pic I can find of a 747 at Gatwick is from 1998 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

pilotwannabe wrote:

Yeh I think they decided to turn LGW into a 777 hub...the last pic I can find of a 747 at Gatwick is from 1998 😉

😳 Embarassed

Pro Member Chief Captain

99jolegg wrote:

pilotwannabe wrote:

😳 Embarassed

You are human 😂 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain

😂