Exploring Alternatives to VoxATC: Voice Recognition and Traffic Control in Flight Simulators

Pro Member Trainee
Graham (graham05) Trainee

Hi

OK. here is what happened. I found out about Voxatc. so I go to their website and it looks good. so I tried the demo but it said that you need a microphone and headphones or a headset for the demo to work. so go and order a headset for fs (AudioFX Force Feedback Gaming Headset ). I got them and used the demo but there was no traffic. there were sounds of traffic but no traffic. so I go to a form and it says that it does not control the traffic it only makes sounds. that is a problem for me saints i went out and got ultimate traffic. so my question is, is there any other ATC program that controls the traffic and that uses voice recognition? or can EditVoicepack do this? can someone please help?

Graham

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hello Graham,

Your journey into enhancing the realism of your Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 experience with VoxATC brings up an interesting challenge many enthusiasts face: finding an ATC (Air Traffic Control) program that combines voice recognition with actual traffic control. Let's dive into your query and explore some solutions.

Firstly, it's crucial to understand that EditVoicepack enhances ATC communication by adding more realistic airline call signs, speedier communication, and a variety of accents. However, it doesn't provide traffic control or voice recognition capabilities.

For a more immersive experience that includes voice recognition and interactive traffic, there are a few options you might consider:

• Pilot2ATC: A standalone program that offers voice recognition and integrates with flight plans. It provides dynamic flight planning and ATC interaction, significantly enhancing realism.
  • ProATC/X: Especially designed for more recent platforms like Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) and X-Plane 12, but also compatible with older versions like FS2004. It provides realistic flight planning and ATC interaction using voice recognition.
  • ATCPro: A more advanced option, simulating the actual air traffic control environment. It's a bit more complex and may require a steeper learning curve.

It's important to note that while these options enhance the ATC experience, they may not directly control AI (Artificial Intelligence) traffic within the simulator. For that, consider combining these tools with traffic add-ons like Ultimate Traffic or Traffic Global, which you've already started exploring with Ultimate Traffic.

Remember, each of these tools requires a bit of setup and adjustment to work seamlessly with your existing simulator setup. Be prepared to spend some time configuring settings and adapting to their interfaces for the best experience.

In conclusion, while no single program offers a complete solution, a combination of ATC software with traffic add-ons can significantly enhance your simulation experience. The key is to find the right balance that suits your preferences and the capabilities of your simulation platform.

Feel free to reach out if you need more specific guidance or have further questions!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...