Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Yeah thanks, too bad this is only the 10th post about it today. Wink

Pro Member Captain
PanAmerican Captain

Solotwo wrote:

I probaly should look around the forums better. Oh, well. It's a hot topic.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Indeed it is!

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

This may sound funny but I don't want the demo of FSX. I think I'll wait for the full version. I want to experience the full effect of the new program. I may even wait to run FSX on the new computer that I'm planning on buying next year. I want to see FSX in it's full glory. 🙂

Pro Member First Officer
Spoty101 First Officer

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! YAY I DONT HAVE TO PAY FOR THIS!!!! I CAN"T WAIT TILL IT COMES OUT!!!!! I WANT IT NOW!!! Group Wave Group Wave Group Wave Group Wave

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

Solotwo wrote:

I can only find one other post about it Dont Know

can you only get it at Gamespot, or are there other places? Also if Gamespot is the only one, do you have to be a member?

Thanks

Pro Member Captain
Kareem El-Sadi (crosscheck9) Captain

CRJCapt wrote:

This may sound funny but I don't want the demo of FSX. I think I'll wait for the full version. I want to experience the full effect of the new program. I may even wait to run FSX on the new computer that I'm planning on buying next year. I want to see FSX in it's full glory. 🙂

CRJCapt, I fully agree with you -- no sense enjoying a spectacular product halfway, is there? I don't know, however, if I'm actually going to buy it when it does come out. What I may do is stick with FS9 for a while, wait for all of the members to give in their opinions, and tell us which systems are good, and which are bad, and in the end, I may have enough money to actually purchase it, and a sound computer 😉

Pro Member First Officer
Faucett First Officer

The demo will feature the location of St. Maarten in the Caribbean and include 2 airports and 3 missions of progressing difficulty.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

CRJCapt wrote:

I think you have the right idea.

Pro Member First Officer
Faucett First Officer

So, who will be the first among us to post a screenshot from the demo?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Who will be the first to have FSX crash to desktop. Wink

Pro Member First Officer
Faucett First Officer

😂 😂 😂

Pro Member Trainee
aajparker Trainee

It should be up for download around 00:00 BST/19:00ET.

If you want this game to run your going to need a high spec computer!!!

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Experience flying like never before!
Jump into the cockpit and get ready for the Flight Simulator X single-player demo! Whether you are a first time flyer or an experienced pilot, you'll be able to choose from three different missions to test your aviation skills. Explore the Caribbean islands in a Beaver float plane or take on a mission dropping sacks of flour from an ultralight glider and experience flying like never before!

The demo will feature the location of St. Maarten in the Caribbean and include 2 airports and 3 missions of progressing difficulty

Dropping sacks of flour from an ultralight glider...as real as it gets? I wonder how many lines of code were wasted on that alleged feature. 🙄 Mad

gamespot isnt even working for me now.. is it workin for anybody else? 😕

works for me

Pro Member First Officer
Alec Stelloh (Thunderbirdman2) First Officer

I cant wait we were all talking about this!!!!!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

45 minutes. 🙂

Pro Member First Officer
robbier First Officer

30 minutes 😀

Kanderes Guest

yes thats right Ive played up in Osh Kosh WI man is it amazing oh and I talked to the creaters too they said the multiplayer was tooken out and redone and put back in and you can be your friends co-pilot online and you be inside the ATC tower and be a ATC. VC on the game is amazing nothings 2d about it all the flips swiches everything seems useable and on VC your head shakes and moves for number of resons turbulence hard landing and so on. I loved playing during winter the ice looks amazing I think theres a video showing its ice on the game and finnaly the cap for how high is the limit is 300000 and there thinking about razing it because of people makeing spaceships. they told me its comeing out in late Sep early Oct. there will be standard version and deluxe deluxe is the smae but with better texures and it has a program to create all the planes scenery and so on standerd $50 deluxe $70 not to bad

WantFSX Guest

T Minus 5 minutes! 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Kanderes wrote:

Yes, thats right I've played up in Oshkosh, WI, man is it amazing. I talked to the creators too, they said the multi-player was taken out and redone and put back in and you can be your friends co-pilot on-line and you can be inside the ATC tower and be a ATC. VC on the game is amazing nothing 2d about it, all the switches flip, everything seems usable and on VC your head shakes and moves for a number of reasons, turbulence hard landing and so on. I loved playing during winter, the ice looks amazing. I think there's a video showing it's ice on the game and finally the cap for how high is 300,000 ft. and their thinking about raising it because of people making spaceships. They told me its coming out in late Sep early Oct. There will be standard and deluxe versions. Deluxe is the same but with better textures and it has a program to create all the planes scenery and so on. Standard $50, deluxe $70. Not to bad.---------------Corrections by CC

That's good to hear. 🙂

WantFSX Guest

Its going to be such a slow download with all the people downloading it within the first hour Crying or Very sad

WantFSX Guest

Woo-hooooo, Im way too excited and way too hyper!!!!! 😀 😀 😀 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Just about 1 minute...right...now

WantFSX Guest

1 minute! 😀

Pro Member Trainee
claytonlocher Trainee

1 MINUTE!!!!!!!!!!!! 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀

WantFSX Guest

Im downloading!!!!!!!!!! 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀

Pro Member Trainee
claytonlocher Trainee

ME TOO!!!!!!! But one thing, who has the fastest computer, and who will be playing it first? lol I feel sorry for people with dial-up Crying or Very sad 😉 Just Kidding!!!!

WantFSX Guest

Oh boy........10-11 kb/s....16 more hours baby

Pro Member Trainee
aajparker Trainee

I downloading & Im getting 17KBs on an 8MB line 😞 😞 😞 636MB

Last edited by aajparker on Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

12.5..nope, 9, 20hours...

WantFSX Guest

Well, I hope my 2week old 3.2ghz dual core with 4gb of ram can download it faster but who knows about my internet 😂

Pro Member Trainee
claytonlocher Trainee

I'm getting around 600-700 KB/SEC!!!!!!!! 😀 😀 😀

Im downloading it right now.. should be done in around 26 hours... 🙄

WantFSX Guest

No way!!!!!!! I think I may get that super high speed pay membership thing.....

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Well I upgraded to the premium account.

Now around 90kb/s

Should have it under 2hours...damnit

WantFSX Guest

Well, Im getting a sustained 8.5 kb/s now Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad 😞

Pro Member First Officer
robbier First Officer

im downloading now, also...gonna be an overnight download, and ill install tomorrow

Pro Member Trainee
claytonlocher Trainee

O sorry guys, it went from like 700 to 5 KB/SEC!!! 😕

Pro Member Trainee
aajparker Trainee

Solotwo how fast is you line?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Cable something or another.

But I paid 6 bucks for the premium account. Wink

Nearing 5% now. Wink

Pro Member Trainee
aajparker Trainee

if your on anything over 1 mb, tell them you want your money back.

WantFSX Guest

Oh, this is weird...it acted like it already downloaded and I hit the "Run" button and an error message came up....then I tried to download it again and the run button came on again and i pressed it and the error came on. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

Help, what do i frickin click on to download it???
I'm lost

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Well I'm sure the servers are packed to begin with, and its better then waiting 20hours when I'm leaving tomorrow morning for a week. And 6 bucks isn't anything.

Pro Member Captain
PanAmerican Captain

I canceled the download. It said taht it would take 20hr45min to complete the download. I'll wait a while to download it

Pro Member Trainee
aajparker Trainee

www.fileplanet.com has it now but you have to wiat in line for 37 mins...

mines dling now at 400kbps ish 😀 fileplanet subscriber FTW

pcgameworld.com has it with A LOT of mirrors with high speed, im downloading at 1meg FTW Censored who said the fileplanet subcriber Censored

Censored By Radar

ure right., 956kbps im getting.. shame its 304 mb demo ?? thort it was 600 + Wink

Uhm, It's because it is not a .zip like the gamespot or fileplanet one, this is the .exe.

Pcgameworld always has proper working demo's at great speed of download.

Me FTW 🙂

2 mins 2 go

Don't be idiots, always on pcgameworld.com when a demo is this new, you have to wait until the entire file size is loaded on the gwn. servers.

If it says 200 megs or so, then obviously their not done uploading the files for the demo. Give it a few more minutes.

Sam453 Guest

Started 10 minutes ago...im @ 22% done

is anyone elses going this fasT?

i was on gamespot but it wouldnt work so i went to pcgame..something

sam453 Guest

Anonymous wrote:

Don't be idiots, always on pcgameworld.com when a demo is this new, you have to wait until the entire file size is loaded on the gwn. servers.

If it says 200 megs or so, then obviously their not done uploading the files for the demo. Give it a few more minutes.

Mine says 636.2 mb

it seemed that when i switched from IE to firefox it ran better as well...

JudioAsesino Guest

502 mB 101 Kb/s

sam453 Guest

Woah

this is pretty f'in kool

the mission where you have to drop flour bombs on the targets is awsome

and u can land on carriers now

awsome graphics

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...