SearchSearch 

We are getting a puppy! Updated

Pro Member First Officer
robbier First Officer

my family will be getting a puppy in 2 weeks! we already picked it out, and in 2 weeks it'll be ready for pickup! it will be 8 weeks old! i is a golden retriever...soooo cute!!

Last edited by robbier on Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:38 pm, edited 4 times in total

17 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

Man you are sooooo lucky!!!!!I love golden retrievers!!!I envy you!!!

Pro Member First Officer
simon roourke (simon123) First Officer

Yes love it as it will love you!.. thats all they want from you to love.
enjoy your new pet.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

That's great, your going to love your new pet. 🙂

House training: www.perfectpaws.com/htrp.html
About Golden Retrievers: www.dogbreedinfo.com/goldenretriever.htm

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Do things with him so he does not get bored. They like to be active.

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Goodbye slippers,goodbye shoes,socks and all other small objects.
Hello little damp patches,strange smells and hunting for shoes,socks and other small objects 🙄

Give him/her plenty to do,and that means you walking/playing untill you are ready to drop(the puppy will go on for ever)

Tip
Dont walk about in the dark 1st thing in the morning,turn lights on or else ➡

A. You step on the dog(they will sleep everywhere)
B. Nasty stuff between your toes Horse

Good luck to you and all(your gonna need it 😉 )

Pro Member Captain
Kareem El-Sadi (crosscheck9) Captain

Enjoy him/her 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

Puppy-proof the house. That means making sure the pup can't get to any wires...especially electrical wires.

Pro Member First Officer
robbier First Officer

thanks guys for the comments and the link...i will post more info as it comes available...i will post some pics from yesterday of all the puppies at the breeders house in a hour or so

robbier

Jamie4590 Guest

You are so lucky. I've had 4 Rottweilers growing up. Have the 1 now and think about the other 3 all the time running around in the big field in the sky! The one I have now contracted Parvo virus when she was younger and was very sick but thank God she beat it. Nothing was going to stop her from making our lives hell with her constant barking and abnormal behaviour lol

Your new addition to your family will give you a life time of love and affection. Remember to complete all injections before it can play in the big wide world and provide somewhere warm and quiet so it can get used to its strange new surroundings.

Here is something I read many years ago and which I think sums up dogs prefectly:

"The wonderful thing about dogs is that when you make a fool of yourself not only will they not scold you for it, they will make a fool of themselves too!"

Pro Member First Officer
robbier First Officer

Here are some pics of the puppies...
A pic of the mother or sister of the pups>> http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a73/robbier/Puppy%20Pictures%20And%20Videos/puppy_pics_august_8013.jpg

A pic of the mom and the pups>> http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a73/robbier/Puppy%20Pictures%20And%20Videos/puppy_pics_august_8005.jpg

A pic of a cute little pup finding its way around>>http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a73/robbier/Puppy%20Pictures%20And%20Videos/puppy_pics_august_8002.jpg

A little pup relaxing>>http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a73/robbier/Puppy%20Pictures%20And%20Videos/puppy_pics_august_8001.jpg

Finally, the pup we are looking at getting!!>>http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a73/robbier/Puppy%20Pictures%20And%20Videos/puppy_pics_august_8009.jpg
BTW thats my sister holding the pup

Well thanks for looking at them, later I'll post a video or 2!

robbier

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Very cute puppies! ❤️

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

99jolegg wrote:

Very cute puppies! ❤️

Yes Yes Yes

Pro Member First Officer
robbier First Officer
Pro Member Chief Captain

You haven't lived until the puppy is just old enough, that in the morning, it greets you by jumping on you while you are still in bed and wags its tail so hard it "happy widdles" all over you. 😂

Pro Member Captain
Kareem El-Sadi (crosscheck9) Captain

Robbier, You've just made some of the best friends you'll ever have 😉

Pro Member First Officer
robbier First Officer

Hi guys, well i got the pup 2 days ago on sunday, or is that 3...anyway he is the cutest little furball ever! but he is much bigger than in those pics a few weeks ago...btw i am going to post some pictures soon of the pup at our house...i may also be creating a free website with a puppy journal, or something like that...anyway thats it for now

robbier

Jamie4590 Guest

Fantastic to hear all is going well. I also got some good news at the weekend. My folks have decided to get a rottie pup in the next few years 'before' the one they have now departs. Thats good news for me because it means she will live on in the pup. Now I have a few years to persuade them to get 2 rottie pups! 😉