Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Really that bad?

Pro Member First Officer
Spoty101 First Officer

I am almost finished downloading FSX and is it really that bad as u guys say? Worse than FS9 or are some people exaggerating?

Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

Spoty101 wrote:

I am almost finished downloading FSx and is it really that bad as u guys say?? worse than FS9 or r some people exageratin??

It is great if you have a computer that can run it. I have:

512 MB memory
256 MB video card
pentium 4, 3 GHz CPU

It runs terribly on my system, looks lousy too. But if you have a really good PC, it would be great.

Pro Member First Officer
Spoty101 First Officer

I have 2GB ram
256 Mb 16 pipeline graphics card
AMD Athlon 64-bit 3200+ CPU

Pro Member First Officer
Graham (graham05) First Officer

Spoty101 wrote:

I have 2GB ram
256 Mb 16 pipeline graphics card
AMD Athlon 64-bit 3200+ CPU

I think it is better then fs2004. plus they said that they were not done with it in the manual.

I have a 64 mb video card, a AMD Athlon 64-bit 3200+ CPU, and 448 ram and I got with everything on full 5-25 FPS. you should have a more then i do. 🙂

And what is good FPS to you guys ❓

Graham

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

If you have an average computer, i don't think there is any point in getting FSX because you'd have to lower your settings to 50% to get descent frame rates and at that point, you could run FS9 with settings at 90%.

WantFSX Guest

I got 10-20FPS on the ground with all the sliders maxed. Then it moved to 20-30 when I got higher. I have a 3.2ghz dual core....256mb ati radeon x600...4gb of ram. It'll have higher frame rates when it comes out in October...I hope 😕

WantFSX Guest

Check this out...I turned the water effects off or down and I was getting 60-115fps!

Click Picture to look closer
(This is with all the sliders maxed and the water effects off)[/b]

WantFSX Guest

Ok, here's one with all the sliders maxed and with the Water Settings on Maximum 2x. I dont know how Im getting these FPS!!!!

Pro Member Captain
Faucett Captain

Good work, WantFSX.
I think as just a little time passes, we are beginning to see how everyone's system is reacting to fsx, and one thing is clear: you can do a lot with the settings, but a good machine will be required to achieve what we've been seeing in the dev's screenshots and movies.

A lot of people freaked out initially, but they were trying to run max settings on crap machines.
imho
😎

Pro Member First Officer
Spoty101 First Officer

wait a sec if somebody else can put sliders maxed and get smoth gameplay andhave a computer similar to mine how come mine lags horribly when I put everything on max?

Pro Member First Officer
Spoty101 First Officer

WOW NVM I PUT ALL THE SETTING ON ULTRA HIGH AND GAME RUNS SMOTHLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I"LL GET A PICTURE AS SOON AS I FISNISH PLAYING!!!!

I get 20-30 frames per second on default settings.. I got a AMD athlon 64 3500 at 2.2GHz, 1GB ram and a 128mb ATI Radeon Xpress 200. If i have all settings maxed out i could only get 2-5 frames per second 😂

Pro Member First Officer
Spoty101 First Officer

I have everything maxed out except traffic and I get 45 FPS if I max out ground trafic those little cars my computer will lag horribly

WantFSX Guest

Spoty101 wrote:

I have everything maxed out except traffic and I get 45 FPS if I max out ground trafic those little cars my computer will lag horribly

Hmmm, thats cool....what kind of system do you have? Is it just me or do most of the cars not have bodies?...they just have the bottom and the wheels.

Pro Member First Officer
Spoty101 First Officer

WantFSX wrote:

Spoty101 wrote:

Hmmm, thats cool....what kind of system do you have? Is it just me or do most of the cars not have bodies?...they just have the bottom and the wheels.

I have an

ASUS A8N-SLI DELUXE MOTHERBOARD
AMD ATHLON 64-BIT 3200+ (2.01GHz)
256MB ATI x800 Graphics card
2GB of ram
16X DVD (doesnt apply to demo)
120GB hard drive

and yes i'v noticed most cars have no body just wheel and axel ur not the only one

Pro Member Trainee
chrissie Trainee

I've just got a brand new computer in February so I hope it works well on mine. Can the Demo be taken off???

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

chrissie wrote:

I've just got a brand new computer in February so I hope it works well on mine. Can the Demo be taken off???

Yes, you can either go to start/programs/Microsoft Games/Flight sim demo and use the uninstall or to the control panel /add and delete programs and do it there.
In any case I would so a search afterwards for the word Demo and delete anything for the FSX.

Radar