Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Filming during flight -- (Real Life)

Pro Member Chief Captain
Kareem El-Sadi (crosscheck9) Chief Captain

How is it that passengers can film deps/arrs? .. The flight attendants strictly forbid the use of any electronic equipment. Now, I know that cameras don't transmit signals, but they still don't allow their use. How do passengers do it then?

Pro Member First Officer
PH First Officer

I expect they are being naughty! As the CC are sat down themselves during TO and landing they will be unaware.

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Auto focus transmits infrared signals,so that is why you are not supposed to use them Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

People hide the cameras under their shirts etc and are sly about it...as long everyone isn't filming cabin crew don't mind.

It's just like when they ask you to raise the blinds...if you are afraid of flying they will allow you have it shut for take-off and landing Wink [/i]

Pro Member Chief Captain

I see Rolling Eyes -- Rather uncomfortable to keep sneaking in the Video Camera, but, for example, recently, I went to Thailand to do some relief work. At a certain stage, we were on a domestic flight from "Krabi" to "Bangkok", and I had an mp3 player playing -- As we began our approach, we were requested to stow all electronic devices, and, being insistent, I hid the mp3 player under the blanket, and just kept on "jammin" to my tunes Cool -- I know its not right, however I wasn't in the best of moods, and, well. . . I'm not your favorite person when I'm not feeling very well Shocked ...

Basically, what I'm trying to get at, is doing the same as I did above with a video camera is pretty difficult to hide. I was just wondering, because I thought maybe I'd be able to film my flight back home...(then I realized, I forgot my Video Camera Whistle

Thank you for your replies Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain

tomthetank wrote:

Auto focus transmits infrared signals,so that is why you are not supposed to use them Wink

Didn't know that -- Thanks Very Happy