SearchSearch 

Help please!

Pro Member First Officer
davidmac1 First Officer

I am writing a document in microsoft word and i get this message

"Runtime error!"

Program: C:\program files\microsoft office\office 10\WINWORD.EXE

abnormal program termination"

Is there any way to rescue my work before I say "OK" or can i recover it afterwards? If so how? And what exactly is the problem?

Any help is much appreciated

P.S It has already did this when i first started the document today.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Runtime error
runītīm erī&r) (n.) An error that occurs during the execution of a program. In contrast, compile-time errors occur while a program is being compiled. Runtime errors indicate bugs in the program or problems that the designers had anticipated but could do nothing about. For example, running out of memory will often cause a runtime error.
Note that runtime errors differ from bombs or crashes in that you can often recover gracefully from a runtime error.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/835404/

Also see: www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/thread18425.html
Smile

Jamie4590 Guest

In most word processors you can select an 'always save' option which continuoulsy saves your work.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Jamie4590 wrote:

In most word processors you can select an 'always save' option which continuously saves your work.

That brings up a good point for everyone to remember. Until you save your work onto some form of removal media(CD, floppy etc...), it's not safe. As you work on documents, save you work every 15 minutes or employ some type of auto save function, you can lose hours of work in the blink of an eye. Everything on your HD can disappear, I learned the hard way. Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

Try defraging your hard drive.

Pro Member First Officer
davidmac1 First Officer

thank you guys for the help. I lost the work but the problem has not occured since.