FSX Demo Screen Shots

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Just a couple of shots to show how it looks on a mediocre machine.

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Faucett First Officer

Not bad.

Pro Member First Officer
Alec Stelloh (Thunderbirdman2) First Officer

I wish I would of downloaded it faster, it was gonna take 60 hours. 😞

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

It's affecting your textures somewhat but it's still better than mine.
All my cars are gray.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain

When I try to crank things up too high, the ground textures blur. Considering that memory utilization totals 300 MB more than the actual RAM I have, I'm amazed that anything looks okay.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

When I try to crank things up too high, the ground textures blur. Considering that memory utilization totals 300 MB more than the actual RAM I have, I'm amazed that anything looks okay.

I know, and the demo isn't anywhere a graphically intensive as the competed version will be.
The didn't include many of the more detailed parts-areas, I'm afraid many will hit a brick wall.
Everyone wanted all they could get and MS seemed to give it to them, moving cars and all.

Ready yourself for quite a bit of complaining and repetitive questions when they first load it.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain

Unless I'm flying a Predator drone armed with Hellfire missles, I'll turn off the moving cars. 😂 I'll turn off the birds as well. That assumes I can turn these things off.

I will probably get a new computer after Vista comes out because it will be cheaper than upgrading this one.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

[quote="
I will probably get a new computer after Vista comes out because it will be cheaper than upgrading this one.[/quote]

That's what I'm looking at, this machine has seen it's "gaming" day and will be ready for web surfing only.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

How much RAM do you have Crash??

Pro Member Chief Captain

512MB shared (128MB) with on board GFX. I didn't expect the results to be good. In fact, I am surprised it ran at all.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...