Aicraft Bounce

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

Hi all,

I have a problem. My FS9 aircraft can be at a standstill or taxiing and the aircraft bouces on its front landing wheel and spews out smoke (as seen at touchdown) . Does any other users experience the same phenomenon? Is there a fix?

My system:

WinXP Home sp1
Athlon 2100+
1 Gig DDR
nVidia Ti 4600 128 MB

Answers 16 Answers

Jump to latest

yes that same thing happens to me but not all the time...then the smoke spews out smoke and sounds like youre landing...finally im not the only one

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

Yes, I forgot, it makes the skidding chirp sound too.

Anyone got any ideas?

Guest, what are you running for a graphic card?

Scotteiboi Guest

Yes this also happens to me....it gets quite annoying.....i've noticed, for me anyways, that it only happens with posky aircraft....

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

It happens with any aircraft that at one time or another. I think that it had more to do that the runways aren't flat in the sim, a MS bug.
There may be other reasons, a weak video card, old, corrupted drivers etc. But it's most likely the runways.
I don't fly the big iron, 95% of the time I'm in a taildragger and it occasionally does it to me.

Radar

maddoccanis Guest

tom goodrick has written about the landing gear parameters which are often not set well and can cause excessive bouncing.

doc

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

maddoccanis,

Thanks for the Tom Goodrick site. Hopefully I can find something on this problem in his FS9 "book".

Radarman,

A FS9 sim bug! I can agree with that. As for the runway thing. The front wheel bounce happens even when an aircraft (big or small) is parked at a gate/ramp with the plane completely shutdown.

Yeah, a program bug... that's the ticket! Idea

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I guess there are always two sides to a problem.
We can live with either one, thanks for the ideas, they help us all.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😳 Bump! What bump?
Is this with add on planes? Then the download is bugged Add on scerery?Same applies
I have a few Polsky and none of them bounce

I know a few of the runways are a bit uneven,but bouncing when parked??

Try pressing "Y" and then "Q" to lift the aircraft off the ground,then press "A" to put it back down,then "Y" again.I dont know if it will work because I dont have any bounce,but it will reset the aircraft on the ground

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

tomthetank wrote:

😳 Bump! What bump?
Is this with add on planes? Then the download is bugged Add on scerery?Same applies
I have a few Polsky and none of them bounce

I know a few of the runways are a bit uneven,but bouncing when parked??

Try pressing "Y" and then "Q" to lift the aircraft off the ground,then press "A" to put it back down,then "Y" again.I dont know if it will work because I dont have any bounce,but it will reset the aircraft on the ground

It bounces with all FS9 planes; originals and add-ons. I have tried the "Y" and "Q" thing without any success.

Pro Member First Officer
Elkinallen First Officer

I know this is an old topic, but has there been any fixes for this yet?

Would appreciate any input. 😀 😀 😀

BashDaBish Guest

I have no fix for it but maybe I could add a bit more to this.

I have the same issue but I get it when I am switching views to external. I mainly experienced this with addon planes but have seen it with a default 747.
It happens parked or rolling.

I wouldn't of thought it was graphics card related. If a card was struggling then it would not generate more to do?
Runway? Not in my case....happens when parked at gates as well.

I am too hoping someone has an answer. Although I can live with pimping my 747 and Airbus 380 😂

Pro Member Trainee
Roy McHeyligers (flightofficer) Trainee

Ya, that bumpy thing happens to me too but not on all runways, but certainly Seattle/Tacoma 34R for all I know. It does not appear to be aircraft-related really even if the effect is less noticable with some. Tower View seems to play a part here. Perhaps this bug may treated succesfully by masking off some .bgl and rewriting the runway in that Airport Scenery Developers program if you know how that is done (I don't, nor what it is called).

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I have the same problem at some airports, mainly KSEA.
If you want to flatten the runway (MS bug) you can try this.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Roy McHeyligers (flightofficer) Trainee

Good one

Thanks

Pro Member First Officer
Elkinallen First Officer

Thanks all of you! It is a real bummer when I am waiting for the INS to allign and the aircraft 'bumps'

Thanks RadarMan!!

Pro Member First Officer
Elkinallen First Officer

I have found that 'raising/lowering' the landing gear via the [contact_points] elliminates the bouncing for specific planes at most of the airports. Group Wave

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...