SearchSearch 

do you know how to get southwest paint colors on a 737?

AREA 52 Guest

ok i need help i need to the southwest colors on a 737 but not a clue on how to do it. i don't want to repaint it myself i just want to download it if i can. And i also need help on something else do you know how to get a 737-800 or 737-900 on flight sim and have it be an auto matic download

, thanks

12 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

CRJCapt wrote:

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2918/fs2004-southwest-airlines-boeing-737-700/

thanks but it does not download it self i can't do the thing by my self i need it to just appear on fs can you help me with that 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

The installation instructions are in the read me file, it does take some work. I don't know of any auto-install repaints. You only have to worry about the top part of the read me file, the bottom is just others that he has made. Here is an excerpt that you need to accomplish(sample only, use the real thing for your installation). Instructions at bottom.

Make a copy of the file you're about to edit and put it on the desktop, that way if you mess up, no problem.

Installation
1. Unzip the file to a temp folder.
2. Copy the Texture.CB folder to your fs2004/aircraft/b737_400.
3 Copy the [fltsim.x] text below, then open the aircraft.cfg in the /b737_400 folder find the last [fltsim.#] at the end (should be just above [General] section) paste the [fltsim.x] text ('x' must be replaced by the next number in sequence)
4. save aircraft.cfg
5. To hear ATC call you "Southwest" you need update the default aitline.cfg. You can use A Century of Flight Airline Callsigns
( airline_list_2004.zip ) David Dossiere, or open airline.cfg in your fs2004/aicraft/ directory with notepad and add Southwest to the list.
6. Start Flightsim and go fly!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[fltsim.x]
title=Boeing 737-400 CB
sim=Boeing737-400
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=CB
kb_checklists=Boeing737-400_check
kb_reference=Boeing737-400_ref
atc_id=N737T
atc_airline=Southwest
atc_flight_number=1123
ui_manufacturer=Boeing
ui_type="737-400"
ui_variation="Southwest Canyon Blue"
description="One should hardly be surprised that the world's most prolific manufacturer of commercial aircraft is also the producer of the world's most popular jetliner. The 737 became the best-selling commercial jetliner worldwide when orders for it hit 1,831 in June 1987 (surpassing Boeing's own 727 as the previous champ). However, it wasn't always that way\s in the first few years of production, there were so few orders that Boeing considered canceling the program. They didn't, and the airplane has more than proven itself in over three decades of service."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Above the first dotted line, do what it says.
Information between the dotted line is cut and pasted to the correct location. Were it says [fltsim.x], change the x to the next number of similar groupings in the file. You will see other groupings(other paint schemes).
You can disregard step #5 if you want to make it simpler, it will look the same.

I hope this helps. Remember to back up the file first. 🙂

CRJCapt wrote:

The installation instructions are in the read me file, it does take some work. I don't know of any auto-install repaints. You only have to worry about the top part of the read me file, the bottom is just others that he has made. Here is an excerpt that you need to accomplish(sample only, use the real thing for your installation). Instructions at bottom.

Make a copy of the file you're about to edit and put it on the desktop, that way if you mess up, no problem.

Installation
1. Unzip the file to a temp folder.
2. Copy the Texture.CB folder to your fs2004/aircraft/b737_400.
3 Copy the [fltsim.x] text below, then open the aircraft.cfg in the /b737_400 folder find the last [fltsim.#] at the end (should be
justabove [General] section) paste the [fltsim.x] text ('x' must be replaced by the next number in sequence)
4. save aircraft.cfg
5. To hear ATC call you "Southwest" you need update the default aitline.cfg. You can use A Century of Flight Airline Callsigns
( airline_list_2004.zip ) David Dossiere, or open airline.cfg in your fs2004/aicraft/ directory with notepad and add Southwest to the list.
6. Start Flightsim and go fly!
[fltsim.x]
title=Boeing 737-400 CB
sim=Boeing737-400
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=CB
kb_checklists=Boeing737-400_check
kb_reference=Boeing737-400_ref
atc_id=N737T
atc_airline=Southwest
atc_flight_number=1123
ui_manufacturer=Boeing
ui_type="737-400"
ui_variation="Southwest Canyon Blue"
description="One should hardly be surprised that the world's most prolific manufacturer of commercial aircraft is also the producer of the world's most popular jetliner. The 737 became the best-selling commercial jetliner worldwide when orders for it hit 1,831 in June 1987 (surpassing Boeing's own 727 as the previous champ). However, it wasn't always that way\s in the first few years of production, there were so few orders that Boeing considered canceling the program. They didn't, and the airplane has more than proven itself in over three decades of service."
Above the first dotted line, do what it says.
Information between the dotted line is cut and pasted to the correct location. Were it says [fltsim.x], change the x to the next number of similar groupings in the file. You will see other groupings(other paint schemes).
You can disregard step #5 if you want to make it simpler, it will look the same.

I hope this helps. Remember to back up the file first. 🙂

ok thanks i think i can get it but i don't see the fltsim.x anywere

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Excerpt:
---------
[fltsim.x]
title=Boeing 737-400 CB
sim=Boeing737-400
model=
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
------------------------------
When you look in your B737 acft.cfg file, you will see other groupings of info similar to what you're about to add, they are other paint schemes. They may start with fltsim.3 or fltsim.4. Just use the next number in sequence in the place of the x in the information that you're about to cut and paste into the file. In this example you would us a 5. B737 Aircraft.cfg file is located at C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft\b737_400. 🙂

AREA 52 Guest

ok thanks i tryed but i can't get the directiond right your directions are clear but i am not getting it so i will try to get here

ok now do you know where to get the boeing 737-800 or 737-900 i need that and i would like it if i didn't have to do it myself if you can that would be great but if you can't thats fine THANKS 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Boeing 737-800
https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2919/fs2004-southwest-airlines-boeing-737-800/

Last edited by CRJCapt on Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total

ok were do i get paywar aircraft

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Click the links below the word Payware(above).

Payware is just a generic term for software you have to pay for as opposed to getting free. You can buy programs many places. 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

nice job CRJ ❗ 👏 👍

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Thanks, just trying to help. 🙂