Issues with CH Products Pedals and Yoke: Brakes Remain Engaged

Pilotmansam51590 Guest

I'm using the CH products pro pedals and the CH products flight sim yoke. When I try to fly the plane off of the runway it says the brakes are still applied. It's not the parking brake.... it just says the brakes are applied and the airplane won't roll down the runway. Any similar problems? Any solutions?

Answers 18 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Alec Stelloh (Thunderbirdman2) First Officer

Mabe try to put the brake slide down

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Pilotmansam51590 wrote:

i'm using the CH products pro pedals and the CH products flight sim yoke. When I try to fly the plane off of the runway it says the brakes are still applied. Its not the parking brake.... it just says the brakes are applied and the airplane wont roll down the runway. Any similar problems? Any solutions?

I am seeing the same problem. I solved it by never applying the brakes. 😳 😂

I almost forgot. If I apply differential braking, I can move the plane. 🙄

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Recalibrate your controllers, be careful both will say brakes. Ensure that brake assignments are not duplicated(sometimes they change on their own). If you need to, try connecting your pedals to a USB port on the computer instead of a hub.

This may sound dumb but....tap on the toe brakes or the [period key] and they should disengage, just thought I'd mention it just in case. 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

CRJCapt wrote:

Recalibrate your controllers, be careful both will say brakes. Ensure that brake assignments are not duplicated(sometimes they change on their own). If you need to, try connecting your pedals to a USB port on the computer instead of a hub.

This may sound dumb but....tap on the toe brakes or the [period key] and they should disengage, just thought I'd mention it just in case. 🙂

It makes good sense....except that the demo doesn't play by the rules. 😞

Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

I am having this same exact problem, it can't be fixed. BUT... If you turn the sensitivity ALL the way up on the pedals, you can push them all the way in, and the brakes will turn off.

Pro Member Trainee
Greyson Bassett (greystone) Trainee

I had the same problem. Only way I found to fix this was just as you make your takeoff roll, hold down <CTRL> and hit the Period key twice. The brakes should turn off. If you don't do this, your airspeed will not increase sufficiently for T/O. Weird.

Also, I suppose there is a reason for having to set up the brakes in reverse for the differentials, but I am at a loss to understand why that is necessary. Right rudder + left differential brake!?? Makes no sense. Easy fix, but still not logical.

axel31 Guest

I have ch pro pedals, too, abd I have the fix:

Put your brake NULL ZONE to the minimum, then back to flight, apply brakes, release them and..... they are gone!!!!!
Have nice flights
any doubt: axelete27@hotmail.com

Pro Member Trainee
lawlegge Trainee

I had this problem (I am using the CH pedals) and this is what I e v e n t u a l l y realized -

in my case the problem is/was in the brake "null zone" sliders.

The problem only appears if the sliders are set farther then 1 centimeter from the left (approx. 20 %) - no farther than the "n" in the word "Zone" above the sliders. As long as I don't go past the "n" the pedals work perfectly.

Hope this helps,
lawlegge

Pro Member First Officer
Jim Lapinsky (7ECA-Captain) First Officer

Easing up on the settings should resolve the problem. I had the same thing when I first installed the pedals. I simply reset them to default and it stopped the problem. I've also discovered that you can release the park brakes by simply pressing the pedals, kinda neat for those obstacle clearance or short field take offs?

Pro Member First Officer
Tom (cthiggin) First Officer

Hello fellow simmers with CH Pedal Problems..
I HAD the same problem and talked to a tech fellow at CH last year.
He told me when "calibrating", using CH Control Manager, and when you get to the part of calibration that tells you to center pedals (think it's third step of calibration) to PUT a cd case under the back of each pedal, then hit "calibrate or "dont" - then move on to next step that's toe brakes.......that by doing this, you can then set you feet on the pedals without any brakes being applied - and ALL else works just fine. AND it did the trick for me. - I had tried the null zone, sensitivity before calling CH - thought my pedals were bad.........but again, it WORKED and solved the problem.
cthiggin

Pro Member Trainee
conticreative Trainee

I am experiencing the same issue but I am using (and just installed) the Sitek pedals.

Running now without the pedals to test. Previously I had to delete a number of key assignments the pedals had for non existent buttons, but it did not solve the problem. without the pedals everything is fine

Pro Member Trainee
conticreative Trainee

Well I found the solution and it works for me. Hopefully it will work for others too.

I found out that whoth toe pedals forward the red break alert disappeared. Also I noticed that the directional breaks would come on very soon in the pedals travel but then disappeared.

In the controls I reversed the pedals (with the checkbox next to each) and now the break alert disappears since the breaks have their travel reversed. They still work fine and they engage properly and now if I push both all the way, the main break sign pops up, just like before but it doesn't happen at rest.

Pro Member Trainee
drkusa Trainee

cthiggin...

Thanks a load for your CD-under-the-pedals trick. That worked perfectly!

This problem of the persistent brake display has been bugging me for a long time and none of the "solutions" I had read and tried before did any good.

I had always suspected it had something to do with the calibration but none of my experiments worked. Never occurred to me to try a simple thing like propping up the pedals for calibration.

Can't thank you enough for solving this one for me.

drkusa

Pro Member First Officer
Accelor First Officer

Yes the thing to do is to check the ( Reverse ) box under control axis, that will solve the problem. 🙂

Bobby T. Guest

I recently removed FSX, and re-installed it on my wife's computer, which is still running Windows XP.
I unplugged the ethernet cable, and WOW! it works fine.
On the second and third attempts to play it, it complains that it can't connect to the WEB, gives me an error, but then loads up and works properly.

SO, as I suspected, as long as you're offline it works. As soon as you go online and register it, Microsoft probably puts in their nasty little plug to ruin it - not completely, but just so it won't let any of the aircraft on the ground work.

I guess it was so good you don't need the new one, so they are probably trying to force us to buy the new one, which, by the way, has nowhere NEAR the capabilities...

Pro Member Trainee
oldave Trainee

I have a Saitek Pro-Flight Yoke, Saitek Rudder Pedals, Saitek Trottle Quadrant, Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel, and for the past year or so my "Brakes" always are "On"...In any aircraft I fly on FSX...
I have Calibrated, Re-Calibrated, Deleted all traces of "Assigned Buttons or Keys" , and still the brakes will not release...!!!
I replaced the original Saitek Throttle Quadrant which plugged into the Yoke System via a PS2 type connector because one of the PS2 Pins broke off so I bought a new Saitek "USB" plug type Throttle Quadrant, now I have a problem with my brand new Saitek Trottle Quadrant not being recognized "Properly" by in the Saitek Calibration Test , in FSX it does show a Trottle Quadrant but it seems to be "Locked" to the "Old" the Calibration Yoke System...
The Axis's will not match up with anything I try to "Assign"...??? *It`s Locked to the old Throttle setup...???
I have deleted FSX from my system and reloaded it twice, but to no avail for the Brakes or the Throttle Quadrant problem...???
I called the Saitek/Madcats support line 3 times, but did not get the problem fixed, they stayed on the phone long enough to suggest what I might try, but nothing has worked and I`ve become so frustrated that I rarely even boot it up to try to fly with the controls all askew and the actual throttle is the "Mixture" control etc. etc. on the panel...???
I was seriously thinking on switching all my controls and buying the "CH" array of products...!!!, But if this Brake problem has been with CH products as well, I think I will hold off until I hear a couple of solutions (If Any) or suggestions...
Thanks you...
oldave...

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

See if you can take your equipment into them.
Sorry, I'm not familiar with Canada geography enough to know how close they are to you.
Scroll down to Canada,

Radar

Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Sounds like you've run into a quirky issue. I've seen something similar over the years, and it can indeed be a nuisance. Let's dive into a potential resolution.

• Calibration & Null Zones: First things first, ensure you've calibrated both the yoke and pedals through Windows. Sometimes the pedals have a tiny bit of "noise," which may register as a brake input. By adjusting the null zones (a small range around the neutral point where inputs are ignored) in the calibration settings, you might alleviate this issue.
  • FSX Control Assignments: Head over to the Controls section in FSX and double-check that there aren’t any unintended assignments. On rare occasions, certain axis or buttons might be mistakenly set to the braking action.
  • Check for Interference: Other devices connected can sometimes interfere. Try unplugging other USB devices and test. If it resolves, then plug them back one by one to isolate the culprit.
  • Third-party Software: If you use software like FSUIPC, ensure that there are no conflicting assignments there. Sometimes, double assignments between FSX and such utilities can create unexpected behavior.
  • Update Drivers: Ensure you have the latest drivers for your CH products. Outdated drivers can lead to incompatibility issues with modern systems.
  • Cross-check with Other Sims: Just as a troubleshooting step, if you have access to Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) or X-Plane 12, see if the issue persists there. This might help you identify if the problem is software-specific or hardware-related.
  • Physical Inspection: Finally, consider examining the pedals physically. Sometimes, dirt or wear could cause the sensor to misbehave. A bit of cleaning or adjustment might be required.

Hope this helps! If you continue facing the issue, please provide additional information such as any error messages you encounter or specific settings you’ve tried. We're here to help.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...