ILS approach turn distance

Pro Member Trainee
Graham (graham05) Trainee

Hello

I have a problem. every time I am IFR I usually do the ILS approach but when they give me the the turns they take me out to 35+ miles from the airport, in the real world they usually dont take you that far. And if i do a visual approach thay do the same. Where they are supposed to turn you close to the airport (10+-). So is there any way to make the ATC turn you closer to the airport. Or is there a program that I can download to do so. ❓ Can someone please help

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

The ATC in FS9 is a rough approximation. Vatsim is an option. I don't know of any add on programs that will make for better ATC. I also don't think you can change it's behavior. The localizer (real world) has a guaranteed accurate range of 18 nautical miles so ATC normally won't turn you on to the LOC at more than 20 NM. They aren't suppose to turn you less than about 8NM. Visual approach, anything goes. 🙂

http://www.vatsim.net/

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...