Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Monitor

Pro Member Trainee
bctsnowdevil Trainee

hi guys, I want to plug 2 monitors on my computer for my flight sim but I want to know if I need something special to do this like a special program or something like that ?!

Thanks

Alex

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Trainee
bctsnowdevil Trainee

Thanks, but when I fly with FS2004 does the screen split in two. I want it like if it's 2 windows... you understand what I want and say ? And what is the best resolution ?

Thanks for your help.

Alex

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

bctsnowdevil wrote:

Thanks, but when I fly with FS2004 does the screen split in two. I want it like if it's 2 windows... you understand what I want and say ?

Thanks for your help.

Alex

You want the aircraft in one and the GPS in the other, yes you can do that if you have 2 monitors.
You "undock" the GPS and move it to the other monitor.
Now you have two, one with the aircraft and the other with a piece of equipment from the panel, or whatever you choose.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Alec Stelloh (Thunderbirdman2) First Officer

Imm gonna try that thanks dose it matter what moniter it is??

Pro Member Trainee
bctsnowdevil Trainee

Ho thanks for that answer 😛 But It's not exactly what I want to know... humm like that: like if you have a big angle of vision... I want to know how to do that 😛 but your previous answer help me 🙂

Thanks again

Alex

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Thunderbirdman2 wrote:

Imm gonna try that thanks dose it matter what moniter it is??

If you have a fairly good video card you can run both a CRT and a LCD off one. They have two connections on the back, one for the LCD and one for the CRT.

If you have two monitors the same (2 CRT or 2 LCD) you can get an adapter but we've seen in the past on this site that the connectors aren't that useful.

Your better off buying a PCI card, most are old and cheap but will handle the second monitor, the one with the GPS not the aircraft.
That way you will also save the FPS on your main card.
Two monitors on the same card will cut your FPS somewhat.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
AlRoderick Trainee

A bit late to the party on this one, but here's another solution:

Supports any SVGA monitor, and requires only a USB 2.0 slot. Doesn't have accelerator functions, but will work fine for the 2D kneeboard, radio stack, and GPS. If you have a TV handy, other cards can use one as a second, low resolution display, but it's lousy for small text.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Very interesting part ❗
Thanks for the info and since its your first post Welcome to Fly Away 👍

Pro Member First Officer
cheechm First Officer

Would what AlRoderick said mean that you could run dual monitors with one monitor plugged into the GPU and one into the device?