Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Will Pc run this?

I have a hp a1034n, what would I need to run it?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

List your system specs and we can go from there.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Not enough Mbs on your graphic card.

So, what would be a cheap better graphics card?

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

You have a nice system, I would get another GB of RAM and get graphics card along the line of the Arrow GeForce 7600 Smile

Would it work if I only got a 256 graphics card?

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Sure, the GeForce 7600 is a 256 MB card.

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

CRJCapt wrote:

You have a nice system, I would get another GB of RAM and get graphics card along the line of the Arrow GeForce 7600 Smile

It's not the cheapest but it's a great video card. Smile

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

Hi, sorry to intervene, but I see that this HP computer has built in graphics. I see no mention of an empty slot (AGP/PCIx16) for graphics upgrade.
First confirm that there is an available graphics card slot, and also what type.

So, I can't upgrade?

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

Anonymous wrote:

So, I can't upgrade?

Well, I only pointed to what info was available, if you can open the case to examine the motherboard visually, perhaps you could confirm or otherwise if there is an available graphics card slot. Or your supplier should be able to tell you.

Without enough information, I could not say. But I must admit that I would be very surprised if there is no space. I just thought that it would be very unfortunate for you, if after spending cash for a better card, to find no place to put it. Just make sure before buying a card, that your computer can accept it.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Your motherboard does not have a AGP video card slot, you only have PCI slots open. You computer just wasn't built for advanced upgrading. You can still upgrade with a PCI(not PCI express) video card such as the one below. Smile

Arrow GeForce 5200

Your motherboard: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?lc=en&cc=us&docname=c00361570

Check all specification and suitability of components with a professional before purchase.

So only I have to get a certain kind, is the quality equal on the two different kinds?PCI vs. AGP