SearchSearch 

Takeoff run

SacB52 Guest

On takeoff all of my large aircraft takeup too much runway on takeoff. I am usig XP.

8 Responses

tuolumne Guest

You have the flaps extended...? hit F8

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Try it with ¼ flaps.
List your computer system specs, cpu, memory, video card etc.
Do you have SP1, all the Windows updates and the latest DirectX (9.0c) installed.
What aircraft is it.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😕 Which aircraft?.............How much fuel/cargo onboard?

SacB52 wrote:

On takeoff all of my large aircraft takeup too much runway on takeoff. I am usig XP.

Yes,I am using 15 degrees of flaps, the same I use in most real heavey aircraft.

tuolumne wrote:

You have the flaps extended...? hit F8

Yes,I have the proper flaps set.

RadarMan wrote:

Try it with ¼ flaps.
List your computer system specs, cpu, memory, video card etc.
Do you have SP1, all the Windows updates and the latest DirectX (9.0c) installed.
What aircraft is it.

Radar

B377 and Mats constellation

Computer system=G-ForcevFX, K738X/K7s8XE moterboard,AMD processor, System memory=37.2GB

Pro Member First Officer
leadfoot First Officer

How long are your runways?, What's your elevation, temp? What are your engine settings? Most heavy aircraft take anywhere from 5000' min to 8500' for take off, even more if you're already high and hot---- like 5000' field elevation at 98 deg. I just dropped into Las Cruzes New mexico in the 737, 4400' elev 97 degrees F. and I took every bit of the 7500' rnwy to get stopped. Even though indicated airspeed was 145kts, actual ground speed at touchdown was more on the order of 185 kts. At that density alt. I won't be able to take the 737 out of there. I'll have to wait until early morning when it's cooler to get out of there. My point; Density altitude can have a HUGE effect on takeoff and landing performance, often times making even midsize arpts (7000' rnwys) inaccesible to larger planes.

Pro Member First Officer
Arkydave First Officer

Elevator trim ❓