Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

landing

Pro Member Trainee
Sindre Henriksen (gothgod) Trainee

can any one explain to me in an eassy way how I can land with the autopilot switched on?

and is it possible with any aircraft as long as it is a passenger plane.?

does any one know where I might find a nice detailed panel for a Harrier?
I cant recall the model name but is does look like this one:

http://www.richard-seaman.com/Aircraft/AirShows/Prescott2004/Highlights/Harrier.jpg

and 1 last thing.
and does anyone know if it is possible to take off and land a harrier for fs2004 like the plane does in real life?
like take off and land verticly

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

1. You have to download aircraft/panel or utility for Autoland. It's only works on runways with a ILS. Here is the add-on for the default 737.
http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004gau&DLID=83060

2. Normally aircraft are not landed with the autopilot on, except for certain aircraft equipped with Autoland on select Category III ILS systems.

3. Look at ➡ www.avsim.com

4. Yes, ➡ www.justflight.com/en/(h3itt1axwuzyfhyaekilt0y0)/index.aspx
🙂

Pro Member Trainee

cool.
tons of awsome things to find for fs2004 😀
damn...

but ehm...
about that harrier.
I cant find anything at www.justflight.com about a harrier! 😞
I was also hoping for freeware since I'm unofrtunetly broke.

the harrier is a damn cool plane.
love it😛
ehm...
hehe so theres so much I'm wondering about. and I am very great full for the help I'm getting 🙂
thanx guys 🙂

is there also a freeware airbus a310 radar military plane with that radar on top of the roof, -with- moveable front wheels?

ehm...
hehe
how is it that you -make- airplanes for fs2004?
what software do you use and how long does it take?

been thinking about trying to make one but I'm not that big computer geek, and if it has anything to do with programming in anyway I'm not very good at that either.
Honestly I can say I've never done any programming at all.
Just modding games😛

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

gothgod wrote:

how is it that you -make- airplanes for fs2004?
what software do you use and how long does it take?
been thinking about trying to make one but I'm not that big computer geek, and if it has anything to do with programming in anyway I'm not very good at that either. Honestly I can say I've never done any programming at all. Just modding games😛

I've never made an aircraft but it's hard and very involved, most people buy/download aircraft. You would need special software and know what you're doing. Even then, it may look vaguely like something but what about flying qualities? Unless you're into programing, I'd just download aircraft. 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Just ever so slightly of tangent,but about the Harrier,there was a news report yesterday about the latest version(ive looked through the news sites)A reporter for ITN was let loose in one and the contols have been simplified.Two sticks,left thrust and right up and down.I will keep looking for the report 😉

Jamie4590 Guest

I saw the same article. The RAF test pilot took control of the take off and some gut churning spins and dives and the reporter took control of some turns and a 200ft descent to landing. The pilot was keen to point out the spectacle when they were hovering above the landing zone and guided the reporter down with constant commands. 😳

As you say TTT the improved controls implemented are a left and right stick. Test pilots agree it makes the manouverability easier which affords more effort for the actual fighting. Interesting when you consider learning a chopppers collective is regarded as among the hardest in flying.

Pro Member Trainee

thanx dude 😀

think i'll buy that pay ware version. seems awsome 😀