Fly Away Simulation

Search for Downloads

Use this form to search for downloads and addons including aircraft, scenery and more.

Search entire site

Use this form to perform a site-wide search for forum posts, news and reviews and videos.

SearchSearch 

Some stuff

Odyssey Guest

Evening gentlemen,

Firstly, I signed up for an account the other day so hopefully I will recieve my e-mail soon and finally become a member.

Secondly, does anybody know how to start a flight with everything turned off (engines, electrics, lights etc) so I can start up the air craft from scratch.

Third, Whilst it's always a pleasure to fly the default jets on fs9, I would like to try something new from the downloads. Does anybody have any recomendations for any planes I can download and from where?

Cheers,

Od Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

www.avsim.com is a great place for downloading aircrafts and alot of other stuff in connection with them. You have to sign up first. It's free. As for recommendations it depends what kind of aircraft you like. Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Cold start.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/1345/fsx-cold-and-dark-cockpit-mod/

Be sure to check your junk and deleted folders for the ok from Flyaway.
Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

After you have landed and parked at the gate,shut down engines,lights and all electrics,save the flight.
Next time load that flight and its cold and dark Wink

Pro Member First Officer
to_coolguys First Officer

You would want to try PMDG aircrafts.I never felt comfortable flying the default boeings in MSFS...They always went out of control for me.But PMDG 737 was a good experience and it behaves differently from the defualt in MSFS....At least i can control this aircraft properly....And a real world pilot flying 737 have testified it to be very much close to the real aircraft...

Pro Member First Officer
freedspeak First Officer

As TTT said, "save the flight" but dont forget to check the box for "make this the default flight". That way all the planes you load will be cold and dark.

Richard Nordli

Intel Core2 duo E6750 2.66Ghz
8800 GT "Superclocked" 512mb PCIe
3.24 GB DDR2
Audigy2 ZS
XP home SP/2