Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

727 Professional

Pro Member Captain
Dave Copeland (davec) Captain

Thought you all might be interested in the 727 Professional by Flightsim - a few going cheap on ebay(uk)
Three types (100,200,300) with umpteen liveries and overwhelmig flying instructions - even I (a taildragger type, like radarman) managed to get it off the ground first time. Also many extras. originally for FS2002 but update for FS2004 included.
Here she is -

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

👍 Whoa that's a beauty.
Nope "Big iron" are easy to take off but I need Edwards AFB runways to land them. ROFL

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Bah, they're not too hard to fly once you play with them a little and get to know how everyting works!

Pro Member First Officer
leadfoot First Officer

I'd like to have a good "three holer" as they call them in the coffee room. I'm still waiting for a GOOD super 80 or MD83. I also like the 757. I think it is the prettiest of the twin engine transports. It just has a sweet look to it.

Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

Yeah, I got my 727 Pro from ebay for 4.99 ($7), brand new original disk although it was the FS2002 version - the updates came on a copied blank disc and caused a lot of grief to get them working....

But one it works it's a great add-on.... the cockpit is beaufifully retro !! I use the plane for Cargo hauling between North / South America and Europe....

It's not TOO hard to land this plane but I do find that you've got to keep your speed slow on approach - it you come in too fast on something as heavy as this, it's easy to crash, even on a correctly tracked ILS approach...

Haven't quite figured out the A/P on this plane - I always get where I want to be and at the right altitude but mostly down to luck !

for 5 though, this is a beauty - the engines sound gorgeous.....

Elkin Guest

I am going to have to look into this addon. My dad flew the 'ol -200's. I allways liked the old ones: DC-8, 707 and so on.
I downloaded a good freeware 727 and added good sounds, pushback, cabin calls and a good panel. I have a blast with it!!! This baby burns up the runway!!!! But once it is in the air ya gotta pull on the reigns or those jt-8's will take ya into orbit!!!

It is very real! The only thing that would make it better is if the engines would put out smoke! even a little would be good!

'Sink rate, WHOOP! WHOOP! Don't sink. Terrain, terrain. Pull up! Pull up!

Pro Member First Officer
leadfoot First Officer

It's interesting to note; in spite of the 727 having three engines, the early ones were still somewhat underpowered. leastways that's what I read from pilots who flew the early ones.