Problem with FS 2004

Xpilot Guest

Hi,

Can anyone help,I install FS9,installation passed ok,but when I click run FS9,program doesn't respond,and then I get message FS9.exe error,but I know that it's not problem in CD,cause it was ok on other PC,I am usin Windows XP prof.Please anyone who knows? Evil or Very Mad

Answers 11 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I hope that this helps, please let us know if it does.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;836204&Product=gms

Radar

Xpilot Guest

Hi,
Yeah I just read information in link which you provide to me and followed to all recovery instruction what they offer and it didn't help.And I wonder why,because it's right what I have,I mean problem,fs9.exe. in error report.Fu...Do you have any other suggestions?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I don't know your system specs so I have to guess at solutions.

Do you have a folder in "My Documents", delete the last flight in it.
Do you have the latest Windows updates, SP1 and DirectX 9.0c.
Let us know how you do. By the way is the Sim loaded on your "C" drive?

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;245411

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Michael_H First Officer

If it was mine, I would uninstall the sim from control panel, then schedule a chkdsk /R on bootup.
then defrag the volume you are going to install fs9 on to. (I always put it on the C drive)
reboot, then shutdown everything including your antivirus program and re-install it.

Xpilot Guest

Yes, I've got all the updates and DirectX installed,but I don't have any folder in "my documents".I install game on disc C: And the problem is like it is described in 1st link which you gave me in your first reply,but I did what they suggest it didn't help.About system I have P4 1.5Ghz,RDRAM 128mb,GeForce2 MX 400,40GB hard.
To Michael,Could you explain where is bootup,and what means defrag,simply I am not an english speaking person,so I can't understand all the terms which you wrote,sorry. 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If you don't have a folder in "My Documents" named "Flight Simulator Files" then that's your problem.
Uninstall the sim, all of it and reinstall.
But before you reinstall scandisk and defrag as he said.
Go to/Start/programs/accessories/system tools/ and they both should be there.
Run the scandisk first.
If by any possibility they aren't there is another way to access them.
Click on "MY Computer"/right click on the "C" icon/click on properties/click on the tool tab/ now you can scandisk and defrag from there.
If you have never done it it'll take a very long time, many hours especially the defrag. I do it every weekend, never miss.
Boot-up means to restart your computer.
Your system specs are very close to mine, do you have 512mb RDRAM?

Radar

Xpilot Guest

Oh defrag,he meant defragmentation,oh yea,I know it takes long ok I'll try,but why this folder didn't install automaticly,no I've got only 128mb RDram.Ok,know I will do all this checks and later probably it will be tommorow I contact you again. 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

128mb rambus ram isn't enough. XP takes 128mb to run.
Are you sure that's not what you video card has?

Radar

Xpilot Guest

First,
thanks for your links that you gave me before,cause I decided to look other links and found actual cause of my problem,simply I can't understand how I played before,problem was in DirectX I had ver.8.1 and now I upgraded to 9 and it's ok,everything running ok.Second No 128mb it's my RDRAM I know that it's not enough it's why tommorow I'll make upgrade for my RDRAM,my video memory is 64,what actually also not so good,I need second upgrade.But anyway thanks you two who wanted to help me,and who helped.Now I'll install my 737NG,have you flown it?I think the most difficult part be FMC 🙂 But I've got lots of manuals 😎

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Xpilot,
Thank you for telling us what helped and I'm very happy Clap that it helped. Odd your the second person this week that had a problem that the latest DirectX solved.
I only fly tail-draggers but have a wonderful time with the 737ng and continue to stop by and post.
Boost your memory up to at least 512mb, more if you can afford it. I've looked at the price of Rambus (PC800) and it's too much, way to much $.
Yes a 128mb card will help, I switched from one to a ATI 9800 Radeon Pro 128 DDR and it's fantastic.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Michael_H First Officer

xpilot,

Glad you got it going. Regarding Bootup, what I meant was that with Windows XP you don't have Scandisk (or it's not called that) you have CHKDSK which cannot do a thorough scan and repair file system errors while you are in your windows environment. It will ask you to schedule the scan after a reboot, where it will work before Windows XP loads completely.

My Computer
right click C drive
Properties
Tools
Error Checking
Automatically fix errors.
Do you want to schedule Chkdsk to run on next bootup?
Yes
Reboot.

Radarman give you good advice re: your memory and video card specs.
128 megs is not even close for Flight Sim 2004.
If you can afford it, get one gig. of RAM
And, if you do decide to get a new video card (which is a good idea) then post back here to get advice on what to buy.

Good luck.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...