Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Sick of those newsletters

Veulnet2 Guest

I am really sick of those newsletters! It doesn't say anything about it when you register, read it yourself! Also there is no way to undo your account, which is really bad.

The only thing Fly Away does is making profit and money. This whole site if made for free, php nuke is free, phpbb is free, they don't need money, because the don't have to pay anything.

So please stop those newsletters, the only thing you do is making profit!

So, please delete my account or unsubscribe me!

username = veulnet!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If your a member write to here.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/contact/

Radar

ARE YOU KIDDING! ?

I DID THAT FOR OVER THAN 10 TIMES! AND ALSO BY E-MAIL!

COMEON!!!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Hey pal, don't yell at me, I don't have any contact or control over what management does.
I get over 50 spams a day that I have to delete, you get one newsletter a month.
All I can tell you is to write to them or post in the "bugs" forum.
https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/11/site-bugs-and-errors/
I don't know how you are getting a newsletter if you didn't become a member here, your posting as a guest.
Sorry but we all have a little rain in our lives and if this is the worst that ever happens to you then you are truly a fortunate man.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Netz Rafi (Rafi) First Officer

Sorry for those bitter members they are thinking just how others making money. I am following this site for some years, member in this forum for some 10 months and I am amazed for several from monthsfrom the contribution to thousands of members and yes to guests just by devoted 2-3 peoples
I don’t know if RadarMan or TomtheTank or some several others earning any money by daily response to every post but they devoted actions worth “every cent”.
Some days ago I studied Flight Simulator #1 Access Statistics and I was not suprised from the growth of members and the growth of number of posts since 2003 and I believe it is the natural response of the readers

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

👍 Thanks Rafi, I know what sites cost, this isn't a free web-board (you can get one free with the companies advertising), I also know what high speed servers cost and this site isn't making money. Domain names, web hosts etc. $$$
I can't speak for TTT but I'm certain that he just as I don't ever see a cent for being moderators. I have never received a thing from them for doing what I do. 95% of moderators do it for nothing, nada, zero, zed, zip, ziltch. We do it for the (here) for the flight community. I'm also a mod at another type of sim site, nothing to do with flight for over 3 years now, not even a greeting card but it's fun and worth it. We, at least I get to meet and talk with peoples all over the world, different cultures but the same likes. Here it's flight.
Off soap box now.

Radar

LOL,

I have me own flightsimulator website:

It's dutch, but it is the largest dutch website, and I tell you one thing,

it didn't cost me anything. Just get sponsored so you can get hosted, and it will be all be free.

So dont fool me! And if you get so much complaints about the newsletter, reset it in the SQL database, and the ones who want a newsletter, they can get a newsletter.

So, remove me now from your newsletter, I am registered, but I am too lazy to login now........

Veulnet

Pro Member Captain
Dave Copeland (davec) Captain

I don't often respond to people like veulnet or veulnet2 or whatever he calls himself and to be honest we may be better off without him - this is a fine site with a forum service second to none.
I am aghast at his threat to blow the site away. Is the statement he made not against the law?
I am sure there are other Dutch members on our site who also must be surprised and amazed at his attitude.
There is obviously one site in the Nederlands that none of us will be visiting - free or not. 🙄 🙄

Pro Member First Officer
leadfoot First Officer

Veulnet2 AWW! quit yer bitchin'

Garren Guest

Thanks Rafi, I know what sites cost, this isn't a free web-board (you can get one free with the companies advertising), I also know what high speed servers cost and this site isn't making money. Domain names, web hosts etc. $$$
I can't speak for TTT but I'm certain that he just as I don't ever see a cent for being moderators. I have never received a thing from them for doing what I do. 95% of moderators do it for nothing, nada, zero, zed, zip, ziltch. We do it for the (here) for the flight community. I'm also a mod at another type of sim site, nothing to do with flight for over 3 years now, not even a greeting card but it's fun and worth it. We, at least I get to meet and talk with peoples all over the world, different cultures but the same likes. Here it's flight.
Off soap box now.

And doing a damn good job RadarMan (among others). Clap

Pro Member Site Admin
Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) Site Admin

Thanks for the replies and support guys. Users recieve newsletters once they become a member on Fly Away, its part of the "membership"; and when signing up, you agree completely with this, as stated in the terms at https://flyawaysimulation.com/terms-privacy/ Don't like the terms, don't sign up - simple as that.

Fly Away is not hosted on free servers - due to the amount of traffic Fly Away has daily, we have had to invest in our own dedicated server because our previous host could not handle the traffic and gave us the kick.

I've been over to Flightsimplanet and the stats show 81010 pageviews since December 2003, Fly Away could reach this number in almost 2 days. Over their they have 2 users online, here I can see 226. This could be why a site like that "didn't cost me anything".

Last edited by Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) on Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:27 pm, edited 2 times in total
Pro Member First Officer
Arkydave First Officer

Well said, flyaway. As with many things, you get what you pay for. I've been to a lot of flight sim forums, and I see questions or requests for help that get no response. I see one or two posts per week. If there's anything out there that comes close to this site, I haven't seen it. Thanks for being here. Group Wave

Pro Member First Officer
coolsan First Officer

"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers"

Henry V, -- William Shakespeare

Pro Member First Officer
jelami First Officer

Hey RADARMAN, what's with the attitude!!!
I say we teach RADARman a lesson and show him what we really think of him....... You know like throw him a party, beer, drugs, money, women, or even a payware tail dragger.
Don't let them get you down man, we think you add a lot to this site and sim-flying in general.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

jelami, (thanks)
Booze, broads where where???????

Get me down, nahhhhhh, I've never been angry on this site (yet).

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Steeev Trainee

One newsletter a month, for about £2.50 - or no newsletter and flashing banners everywhere or the dreaded pop-ups.
£2.50 to recieve great feedback, and support. Something you're not going to get from Microsoft! - or post a question for free that, if you're lucky, 9 people look at, with no response.
It doesn't take a genius, does it?
AND NO-ONE DEMANDS PAYMENT OR REGISTRATION FOR THE FORUMS!
I think most of us chip in because we appreciate the quality of the site, and the feedback to queries - even if nobody knows a definite solution, it's nice to get some advice that may just work.
Cheers and beers to all the guys and gals who contribute to these forums! 🍻