Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Guests Must Confirm Posts

Jamie4590 Guest

Unless I've been missing something for all this time in the last few hours a system has been implemented that means guests must actually select YES from a YES/NO pull down menu before the message will be accepted. This is a step in the right direction as it stops automated spamming by asking for a positive action and there should be improvements. 👍 👍

Even if there is a long way to go it shows that someone is trying. This might be a good time to revert banners, avatarts etc back to normal and begin negotiations. Its had a seemingly unprecedented effect. Clap 😉

Flightcheck Guest

This is a step in the right direction, for the members of this forum and also for others wanting to find some help about simming.

But remember if theres a will theres a way...There's always a way around this sadly.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

It only works to prevent posts by script. Real people can overcome that obstacle and the script kiddies will update their scripts.

What is so difficult about filtering words? Does anyone really think we are going to have a conversation about <insert medication here>? 🙄

Jamie4590 Guest

Well changes are happening as Otis Reading said but in a much more soulful way.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Check the Announcement at the top of this forum.

Radar

Jamie4590 Guest

roger

Jamie4590 Guest

If I could edit my last post I would but I can't see any annoucement. Whats the jist of it? Dont Know

Pro Member Chief Captain

Flyaway just returned and is implementing forum changes (mods) to the site to slow down if not prevent the spam we have been inundated with the past week or so.

Work will take time as he sees how each one is working.

Side note: The Screenshot Forum can now take 30 entries into the polls so we can have just one post with the screenshot contest (voting).
As you have already seen the number of screenshots per post has also been boosted up.

It is right at the top of this forum.

However, I have little hope for anything being fixed soon. The problem has been going on for months, not "the past week or so".
🙄

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

You now have to enter a code to post as a guest now instead of selecting 'yes' or 'no'.

😉

Jamie4590 Guest

Yes and because a spammer scurries from one forum to the other the extra few seconds needed to post should be enough to deter some.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Jamie4590 wrote:

Yes and because a spammer scurries from one forum to the other the extra few seconds needed to post should be enough to deter some.

But not all.

Until there is a filter in place that obliterates spam words and links, the spam will continue.

Guest Ed Guest

This is a test, this is only a test.

That is all.

Ed

Guest Ed Guest

Guest Ed wrote:

This is a test, this is only a test.

That is all.

Ed

Hey it works. I can still post. 😂

Ed