Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

feel like some fun??

Pro Member Captain
brownbox Captain

if you are bored, try landing a 747 at NZMF. If you successfully land, Ill throw my computer out the window Very Happy

Pro Member Captain
Alec Stelloh (Thunderbirdman2) Captain

ok i will

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

That runway is 680 ft. too short to land a 747.

Pro Member First Officer
to_coolguys First Officer

good try brown bag. try try till u succeed...
or else the second option is to give me the contract to upgrade the runway for your 747 to land.....just kidding....

Jamie4590 Guest

Get to a desent altitude with an airport 50NM straight ahead and then empty all your fuel tanks so the engines stop and try to glide the plane down. Fear

Pro Member Trainee
Greyson Bassett (greystone) Trainee

I took a Cessna Caravan down to NZMF for a little fun: Took off on runway 11 toward the mountain, did a right 180 and then a left 180 to climb up to 5000 feet above the terrain, turned around, slid down the hillside and did a hooking landing on runway 29 toward the sea. Fun little field, but there is little chance I could put a 747 down there without parachutes Smile And by the way, runway length is 2538 feet.

Got any more interesting fields down there for us to try?

Pro Member Captain
brownbox Captain

anyone succeed yet? All I know is that I plowed right into a side of the mountain. Shocked

Pro Member First Officer
PH First Officer

Took three attempts but landed...with runway to spare!...will add a link if I can sort out putting it on. Kiss the computer goodbye! Very Happy

Pro Member Trainee
Greyson Bassett (greystone) Trainee

PH-- I tried a couple times but failed. Curious about your techniques and configuration? I had full flaps and max autobrake set, but twice just plowed into the dirt short of the LZ.

Pro Member First Officer
PH First Officer

I tried sending the vid to photobucket but failed....file was 100mb and was going to take 40mins!
Fuel was down to fumes and payload....well we even left the hosties at home! So very light, full flap and gear taken a few miles out to allow for a stabilised approach aiming for 130KIAS touched down at 125Kts with Max braking and spoilers. Far from impossible but not easy.

Pro Member Captain
brownbox Captain

well done. Please note, I meant the computer out the window thing metaphorically, not litterally Wink (I think that makes sense)