Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Interesting

Pilot002 Guest

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by itslef but the wrod as a wlohe.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain
Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

You are about a month late with that. It has already been posted.

The only reason I mention it is because every time it shows up, the risk that all the nitwits in the world will decide that it is a "cool" way to communicate, incrteases.

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Pilot002 wrote:

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by itslef but the wrod as a wlohe.

😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

i got that in an email when i was about 12 😛 but it's still interesting.

Jamie4590 Guest

Most but not everyone scans words in a sentence. From a young age I developed the habit of actually focusing on each word for spelling/proof reading purposes.

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

A spell check feature should be added to the post a reply box.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

VegasFlyer wrote:

A spell check feature should be added to the post a reply box.

Good idea. Other Forums have it, why can't we?

Though I doubt that the texters would take advantage of it. Next time you visit forums at another site, pretend you want to join so you can read the rules of conduct etc..

More and more sites now stipulate that texting not be used. Way to go Bow Down

Pro Member Chief Captain

Agreed.

By the way, if the forum doesn't offer a spell checker, the google toolbar has one that works very well.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

Agreed.

By the way, if the forum doesn't offer a spell checker, the google toolbar has one that works very well.

Yes, thanks for that. I did have it installed but got rid of it after a while because it seemed so slow. I seem to remember that it had to go on-line to retrieve the information.
I've been using WordWeb for some time now - not a spell checker as such, but a very handy tool including Dictionary, Synonyms etc.. Lightning fast ➡ http://wordweb.info/free/

Pro Member Chief Captain

I'll check it out as it sounds useful.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I use this ➡

http://www.iespell.com/

...given in past by dear CRJCapt in order to out into shape my-full of diamonds Embarassed -posts...I find it very useful and easy to use.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

I've never used one - can they be built in automatically? Otherwise, those that don't care and can't be bothered to spell correctly, will hardly make the effort to use a spell checker... Idea

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

99jolegg wrote:

I've never used one - can they be built in automatically? Otherwise, those that don't care and can't be bothered to spell correctly, will hardly make the effort to use a spell checker... Idea

It appears that at present most of them are linked easily one way or another to IE. Ironically those who need them most use IE but don't bother.
We used to have a very good one for Firefox but it lost it's compatibility with a new version of FF and was never updated. You could even downoad and integrate extra dictionaries in foreign languages.
The spell checks would be instantaneous regardless of the lenght of the text. The good old days. 😞