Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

you know what would be good?

Pro Member Captain
lenin Captain

You know what would be good? A quick reply button for these forums because it takes way too long having to press Reply and then it has to load and then i type my message and then clcik post and it loads again, all the time i am tapping my screen to see if that will make it fasterer- It doesn't.
Can that be added?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Believe me this forums are from the quicker ones. 😉

Pro Member Trainee
Daniel Scotcher (danielscotcher) Trainee

they probale cant add that easy as this forum is Mysql that is advanced coding thye might be able to know 🙄

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

I just timed how long it took from clicking on reply to the appearance of the text entry box to reply in. 6.15 seconds.

That isn't too bad, though it probably takes longer on a dialup. While this forum does use MySQL as a backend, the scripting involved to put a quick reply box is fairly commonplace PHP. There might even be pre-built addon module available.

The rub is that it would probably take longer to load each page, and since you don't reply to every post, at the end of the day, you might actually lose time.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Some forums I am a member of take around 10-15 seconds to load pages... Yawn

Pro Member Captain
lenin Captain

i mean like a quick reply where there is a box at the bottom of the forum without smilies and stuff wich is there and you don't have to click on reply and go through all that

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

I don't think they can do that, and even if they can, then nobody would use the normal reply mode.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

lenin wrote:

i mean like a quick reply where there is a box at the bottom of the forum without smilies and stuff wich is there and you don't have to click on reply and go through all that

That's what I thought you meant. Of course that would increase the time it took to load every post you read, so ou wouldn't save any time.

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

i use the quick reply button, or quick edit buttons on forums where possible - pure lazyness.

there are certainly plenty of add-on modules for this forum, i believe a quick reply box is standard if ticked on Wink